Where are your favourites? Planning my first trip

newlittleminnie

DIS Veteran
I am doing some research for a 2014 trip and am looking for ADR opinions. As we are more CS than TS we are planning on just one TS meal per park.

There will be just me and my DBF, no children, but we do love the characters!

We are set on CRT for MK but would you suggest breakfast or dinner? I like the idea of being in MK so early but feel we would get more for our money with dinner :/

Also:

1. Where would you suggest for an AK breakfast?

2. Where would you suggest as a meal with the Fantasmic package at HS?

3. Which is your favourite WS restaurant in Epcot? Preferably with a good viewing sport for Illuminations!

I appreciate any and all suggestions and opinions! :)

Animal Kingdom Breakfast is a no brainer.:) Tusker House is delish, fun characters, and if you go before park opening, you can easily find your way onto one of the first safari rides of the day.:thumbsup2

At Epcot if you like English food rose and crown is very good and if you can get a patio seat they have a good viewing spot for illuminations. For Hollywood studios I just went to Hollywood and vine last Thursday and the food was great! They had lobster Mac and cheese! I was impressed and they have a fantasmic package.

amomma23 said:
Animal Kingdom Breakfast is a no brainer.:) Tusker House is delish, fun characters, and if you go before park opening, you can easily find your way onto one of the first safari rides of the day.:thumbsup2

DisneyDanielle85 said:
At Epcot if you like English food rose and crown is very good and if you can get a patio seat they have a good viewing spot for illuminations. For Hollywood studios I just went to Hollywood and vine last Thursday and the food was great! They had lobster Mac and cheese! I was impressed and they have a fantasmic package.

Thank you for both of these suggestions :)

Do you happen to know where I could find menus for these? We are quite fussy eaters so will take some careful planning lol

I would look at the menu for CRT -it changes for dinner seasonally though. We ate there for lunch and I was pleased. The pumpkin cheesecake was wonderful -I didn't think I would like it as I am not a big fan of cheesecake or pumpkin but I loved it. The flourless chocolate cake is rich!

We ate Pizzafari quick service for breakfast at Animal Kingdom. We wanted to eat there but I didn't want another pizza place. THe platter is huge and we had two for our family of four.

We had Tusker House for lunch. I liked the lunch selections and was stuffed and enjoyed trying some new foods -I loved the mango chutney and the baklava and mousse were good desserts. It was packed (1:40 reservation!) and it wasn't that great in character interaction that day (just autograph and picture but none of the playfulness that we got at other places) and our server was efficient but lackluster in personality. Next time we go, I will try it for breakfast as I hear the breakfast is good. My only complaint about Tusker House was the smell outside while waiting to go in. I don't know if it was incense, body odor of the staff, or a particular plant but the smell was horrible. Fortunately, we were not out there very long.

We did the Fantasmic package at Mama Melroses. Even with the dining package, we got an appetizer. The food was good and plentiful and the service wonderful (Maria was awesome). Even as cheap and picky (in service/expectations, etc) as I am, I thought it was a good value.

We did character meals at Epcot so I can't help you there!

i

we are set on crt for mk but would you suggest breakfast or dinner? I like the idea of being in mk so early but feel we would get more for our money with dinner :/ go for breakfast. The food at CRT is not what you are paying for and the quality is reflected in this. It's really hard to screw up breakfast. Lunch and dinner- plain awful IMO.

also:

1. Where would you suggest for an ak breakfast? Tusker House every time for us. Especially if you get a pre-opening adr.

2. Where would you suggest as a meal with the fantasmic package at hs? We prefer Mama Melrose, usually. I wouldn't spend 2 ts credits on HBD(although I like the food there). And Idefinitely don't like H&V at all.

3. Which is your favourite ws restaurant in epcot? Preferably with a good viewing sport for Illuminations! If seeing Illuminations while dining is a priority, then your only real choice is the Rose and Crown. We actually prefer to dine elsewhere and find a good spot around the lagoon for a better view of the fireworks.

i appreciate any and all suggestions and opinions! :)

hth

AuntPol said:
We had Tusker House for lunch. I liked the lunch selections and was stuffed and enjoyed trying some new foods -I loved the mango chutney and the baklava and mousse were good desserts. It was packed (1:40 reservation!) and it wasn't that great in character interaction that day (just autograph and picture but none of the playfulness that we got at other places) and our server was efficient but lackluster in personality. Next time we go, I will try it for breakfast as I hear the breakfast is good. My only complaint about Tusker House was the smell outside while waiting to go in. I don't know if it was incense, body odor of the staff, or a particular plant but the smell was horrible. Fortunately, we were not out there very long.

We did the Fantasmic package at Mama Melroses. Even with the dining package, we got an appetizer. The food was good and plentiful and the service wonderful (Maria was awesome). Even as cheap and picky (in service/expectations, etc) as I am, I thought it was a good value.

minnie mum said:

Thank you both :) I'm glad I have plenty of time to research all these options! Lol

Just some other ideas. Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge also has a really great breakfast, but it is not a character meal. It is a very quick trip to and from AK.

My family likes Mama Melrose at DHS, we get their flatbreads.

Since it is just you and the bf, I would consider doing a snack/drink around WS. My friend and I did this and it is a lot of fun, sharing the drinks and snacks, and getting to sip on delish drinks and nibble on snacks, you can really take time to look around and enjoy WS.
Our List was as follows:
Mexico: Margarita & Queso con Jalapeno (La Cava del Tequila)
China: Egg Roll & Cantaloopy (Joy of Tea)
Germany: Karamel Kuche
Italy: Italian Margarita
America: Frozen Stag Lemonade
Japan: Orange Sake Cocktail
Morocco: Baklava, Tangierine Cocktail
France: Patisserie, Grey Goose Slushie
UK: Welsh Dragon at Rose and Crown Pub
Canada: Torontopolitan

There are plenty of places to view Illuminations, but if prime seating is a priority, I would also reiterate what others have said and say that Rose and Crown is best.

And lastly, to get a good idea of what is on the menu's, go to allears.net and check out the menu's in their dining tab.

We do an ADR for CRT at 8:00 our first morning every trip. The new menu looks fantastic and the princesses are good to hit up all in one place. It's great to get into the park before it opens as well!

1. Where would you suggest for an AK breakfast? Tusker House

2. Where would you suggest as a meal with the Fantasmic package at HS? Hollywood Brown Derby

3. Which is your favourite WS restaurant in Epcot? Preferably with a good viewing sport for Illuminations! Not sure what WS means but, there are so many good eateries in the Epcot area. I think we are going to try Via Napoli or IL Mulino on the next trip. Leaning toward IL Mulino.

3. Which is your favourite WS restaurant in Epcot? Preferably with a good viewing sport for Illuminations! Not sure what WS means but, there are so many good eateries in the Epcot area. I think we are going to try Via Napoli or IL Mulino on the next trip. Leaning toward IL Mulino.

WS is World Showcase in Epcot.

We ate at CRT this past May (2012) for dinner. You're paying for the atmosphere there for sure! I wasn't disappointed in the food but it is definitely not the best WDW has to offer. Eating in THE castle is definitely a must do though! DH and I are not big breakfast people so we have never tried the breakfast.

For the Fantasmic package we go to the Brown Derby every time. They have great steaks and their desserts are delish! We don't like buffets and are not big Italian food eaters so the other 2 restaurants never appealed to us.

We love Le Cellier and Teppan Edo in Epcot. Never watched Illumination from a restaurant so I don't know who has the best view.

Happy planning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter