Where are your favourite places to eat?

inelegancex

Mouseketeer
Just in general, including the Disney Village? (lunch and dinner?) I find myself eating at the same places just because of mixed reviews of other restaurants, I worry that we'll go for something different and pay a lot of money for it and for it to be disappointing. And i'm curious to know! I personally love small places like Toad Hall for lunch, but we're tempted to try the mexican place in Frontierland and the cafe in Discoveryland.

Also, has anyone eaten at Pizza Planet? The 3 times i've been to DLP it has been closed which I was so disappointed at because I love pizza :( so we're thinking if it's open in October we would eat there..but i've read dreadful reviews online about bad services and there only being like 3 selections of pizza? We would go there for lunch and if I remember correctly it's quite expensive for lunch so i'm a bit worried about going if it's not very nice.

ALSO (sorry haha) what is cafe mickey like? We've not eaten there before because it was always so busy but i'm going to eat in there on my birthday this year :cool1:

Many likes - favourite lunch is Earl of Sandwich in the Village. Also enjoyed Cafe Hyperion. Favourite evening meals include Annettes, Walts and Parkside Diner Buffet.

Cafe Mickey is great for character interaction. You definitely pay for this. I wasn't a great fan of their set menu (a few years ago now though) but we shared pizza and fries a couple of times which is a cheaper way to do Cafe Mickey :thumbsup2

We really enjoyed Inventions, food was lovely even though we didn't get much due to an excitable girl. We have eaten at Rainforest Café twice, and both times enjoyed it - nothing outstanding, but good quality and tasty. Enjoyed King Ludwigs too - but this was back in 2009, didn't eat there in Feb.

When we went years back we ate at Hakuna Matata - and really enjoyed it and will possibly try it again instead of Casey's.

We go for character meals now, regardless of the food, so not really the best to offer up advice I guess!

In the past we have really enjoyed Walts and cafe mickey for main meals. For cs we like the blockbuster cafe in the studios and pizzeria belle notte in disneyland park. I'm sure I read that someone who has recently returned really enjoyed pizza planet. I can't remember who though I'm afraid.

Thankyou all for your input :) We usually eat at Rainforest Cafe and King Ludwigs but honestly i'm not great fans of it! I thought KL was quite average.
I love Rainforest Cafe for the atmosphere so we will probably eat there again, just wanted to try something new.

Hakuna Matata was another one I wanted to try but was a bit skeptical about it but now I may try it because I've always wanted to go there - just didn't appeal to my mother but i'll have to convince her :)
Belle Notte and Cafe Hyperion are other ones I wanted to try also.

Forgot to add- has anyone eaten at the Blue Lagoon Restaurant? We're a bit worried about eating there because my mother got food poisoning last time she ate fish and it's expensive but I would just love to eat as the boats go by :D

Thanks again :) I always like hearing other people's opinions on restaurants.

Blue lagoon gets lots of good reviews on here so we are eating there for the first time next week so will let you know what we think. They do have things on the menu other than fish. If you look at the restaurant review stickies there is an up to date menu courtesy of Carrie Cat.:goodvibes

Blue lagoon gets lots of good reviews on here so we are eating there for the first time next week so will let you know what we think. They do have things on the menu other than fish. If you look at the restaurant review stickies there is an up to date menu courtesy of Carrie Cat.:goodvibes

That would be lovely thankyou!

Places we have eaten (going through the lists on the apps)

Table
Blue lagoon (main park): Eaten here twice loved it! Great food atmosphere was great!
Auberge de Cendrillon (main park): The food was ok not something we would normally eat we only ate here for the Princesses
Buzz Light year pizza planet(main park): We ate here when it was a quick service and we werent very impressed but havent been since it has changed to buffet
Annettes (disney village): Loved it first time we went late evening people were up dancing the atmosphere was great! 2nd and 3rd time the food was ok but there was no atmosphere was early lunch both times though!
Cafe Mickey (disney village): Eaten here 3 times as well love it favourite restaurant!
Steakhouse (disney village): Only eaten here for Sunday brunch but it was amazing really enjoyed it!
Park side diner (hotel New York): Actually enjoyed it here more then I expected to! Good selection was really quiet and we were there on good friday!
Crocketts Tavern (Davy Crockett): Again really enjoyed only ate here though as we stayed here and didnt fancy going back to the parks after a full on day in the park with a 6 month old!
Inventions (Disneyland hotel): Great selection best buffet I have been to at DLP but wasnt impressed with characters!
California Grill (Disneyland hotel): Really loved it here the food was really good a view of Main Street and castle all lit up (end of Christmas season)

Quick
Cafe Hyperion (main park): Eaten here countless time its counter service we havent ever had a bad meal but its not some where I think I have to eat!
Caseys Corner (main park): Second favourite quick service
Restaurant en Couilsse (Disney studios): Again its counter service havent had a bad meal but have ate here for convince over anything else
Earl of sandwich (down town disney): Just saying it makes me hungry :D

Seems like a lot of restaurants but have been 14 times :)

Pizza Planet is 3 types of pizza cut into squares, 3 types of plain pasta with 3/4 different sauces to spoon on and a small buffet of salad and one of dessert

I like Walt's for t/s; Fuente del Oro, Toad Hall, Colonel Hathis and my new fave Hakuna Matata for c/s.

Agrabah for buffets.

In the Studios - Café des Cascadeurs and EoS in the Disney Village :goodvibes

We've never had the chance to try Pizza Planet either - always shut!! :sad2:

I love Walts for a really nice meal, Inventions is my favourite buffet and I enjoyed the Blue Lagoon experience too, The Steakhouse is DHs favourite, and DD loves Auberge and Cafe Mickey.

DH & I both love the croque monsieurs you can get on Main Street - best fast food going IMO. :thumbsup2

We're going to try Agrabah Cafe on our next trip (if it's open) for a change.

T/S (buffet) Inventions (although haven't eaten at Blue Lagoon or Walts - will be on the next trip :)) Also Auberge - more for theming than food though!

C/S Hakuna Matata (want to try Fuente this trip though and of course EoS which wasn't open on our last trip!).

We've never had the chance to try Pizza Planet either - always shut!! :sad2:

I love Walts for a really nice meal, Inventions is my favourite buffet and I enjoyed the Blue Lagoon experience too, The Steakhouse is DHs favourite, and DD loves Auberge and Cafe Mickey.

DH & I both love the croque monsieurs you can get on Main Street - best fast food going IMO. :thumbsup2

We're going to try Agrabah Cafe on our next trip (if it's open) for a change.

I love the Agrabah Cafe! It's gorgeous, when you get seated in the big tent bit it's a lovely atmosphere. And they have lovely food, so many different types to suit everyone.

I like Annette's, Restaurant Des Stars & Billy Bobs (buffet) for table service. Toad Hall for C/S but want to try EoS this time:thumbsup2

We too wanted to do Pizza planet during our stay ( 14-18 may )
but sadly it was closed:sad1:

We did Annettes Diner~My DD is a very fussy eater~but she loved
the food & cleaned her plate~So we ate there twice that week~
Must say the Brownie pud was delicious ;) and the prices were very
reasonable.
Definately one we will be visiting again when we go back :cheer2:

My favourites are Walts, Inventions and Blue Lagoon. I also really liked Agrabah Cafe the time we ate there. For counter service I like Fuente del Oro, Toad Hall, Colonel Hathi's and Hakuna Matata.

This trip I'm determined we're going to try places we've not eaten at before so we're planning to go to the Parkside Diner and Cape Cod although I'll probably cave in and do Inventions but for the Sunday brunch rather than an evening meal. Also I'm looking forward to testing a DLP EoS to see if it's as nice as a WDW one! :goodvibes

we like annettes & cafe mickey - always eat here lol

we r hopin to try pizza planet, and also hakuna matata.... im nervous of tryin diff places after eatin at toad hall n then bein very ill after it (no proof it was that, but either way not going back lol)

have enjoyed plaza gardens, and restaurante des stars..... but it has been a while....

oh, def going to try eos this time too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter