Where are you eating for Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Dis31, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Dis31

Dis31 My middle name is Rice Krispy

We currently have ressies @ Ohana. Has anyone ever done O'hana on Thanksgiving? I was thinking about maybe Whispering Canyon since they have a Thanksgiving skillet? Any suggestions on a nice place for Thanksgiving? :crazy:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. checkwriter

checkwriter DIS Veteran

Liberty Tree's an obvious choice -- they do Thanksgiving dinner 365 days/year!

4. jlovesee

jlovesee DIS Veteran

We are eating Thanksgiving at Whispering Canyon! I've eaten there several times and I love it. I'm hoping they will still have their unlimited milk shakes but I don't have my hopes up.

I will mention that I made my ADR at 6AM at 180 days (on a cell phone in a hotel room no less!) and when I called about a month ago because I was thinking my flight arrival time was changing Whispering Canyon had almost nothing available, just a 9:30PM. I made an ADR at Brown Derby.

So right now I have 3 ADRs I know evil evil. :badpc: I PROMISE I will cancel two of them before the trip (significantly!) just as soon as I get my flight booked or we decide if we are going to drive or not.

Southwest cheapest fare right now is $189 one way so I'm still holding out on that one.

Jennifer

5. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

This is our first Thanksgiving dinner at WDW. We will be eating at Crystal Palace. Basically, we are eating there because there wasn't much else available. Ohana only had tables for 2 open when I called. LTT is completely booked. If you haven't made ressies at Whispering Canyon, I would do so ASAP. :thumbsup2

6. 01Sweetpea

01Sweetpea DIS Veteran

We're eating at HDDR.

7. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

You don't happen to have your third ADR at LTT, do you? I'm trying to find a cancellation to grab. :teeth:

8. jlovesee

jlovesee DIS Veteran

I have two and Whispering Canyon, 1 at 1:45 and 1 and 2:45, the other is at 5:10 at Brown Derby. Once I get the whole travel plans thing organized I will post on this board first before I cancel. I wish I could have gotten LTT it was sold out before Nov 23 I believe thanks to the 180 + 10.

Jennifer

9. rebecsu

rebecsu Earning My Ears

Hi!
    Thanksgiving at the Fort for us. Has anyone done this before??
    Thanks!

10. Terk-1

Terk-1 Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,3

Will be dining at home with family, as I leave for WDW very early the next morning (4:15am for a 7:15am flight).

11. PatriciaH

PatriciaH I want to be an Imagineer!

We are going to Le Cellier for dinner. We did Whispering Canyon last year and LTT the year before that.

12. elastigirlfan

elastigirlfan DIS Veteran

We are eating at Garden Grill in Epcot. This is our 1st Thanksgiving at WDW! :dumbo: :simba: :stitch: :figment: :tigger: :ccat:

13. smeagol

smeagol Earning My Ears

Also our first Thanksgiving at WDW. We will be at Flying Fish. The Thanksgiving menu there and the one at Artist Point sounded the best to us, but we decided that the short walk from BCV to Flying Fish was preferable to making bus connections to the WL.

Cheers.

14. modernscarlett

modernscarlett Disney Is My New Obsession

It will also be our first Thanksgiving at WDW - our first away from home period! We're eating at Rose and Crown in Epcot since we'll be there that day anyway, and they seemed to have a nice T'giving menu. Got a late lunch ADR!

15. carrie1626

carrie1626 DIS Veteran

My family has ADR at The Cape May Cafe/ BeachClub. We ate there 2 years ago for Thanksgiving and loved it. MY dad is hoping we have the same server "Rodger" because he was so congenial. I know he's worked at Disney for a long time so we'll look for him!!

16. bell.of.the.ball

bell.of.the.ball DIS Veteran

We ate at rhe Rose and Crown last year. My son and I had a great Turkey Late lunch.

17. dumbotink'smom

dumbotink'smom Earning My Ears

The Artist's Point Menu from last year also looked like one of the best to us. Booked my reservation exactly 180 days before and got a 6:10 seating. Can't wait! :thumbsup2

18. checkwriter

checkwriter DIS Veteran

19. beaniemom59

beaniemom59 Earning My Ears

We are a party of 11 and are having our first Thanksgiving at WDW at the Fort. Would really appreciate any information from anyone that has eaten there before.

20. cjsmom5

cjsmom5 DIS Veteran

We are eating at the Yacht Club Galley Thanksgiving evening. We arrive at 3pm and have ADRs for 7pm that night. This is what we did last year and it worked out great. The buffet is nothing spectacular as far as different foods ... it is traditional Thanksgiving ... but it was all very yummy to our tummies my DS8 asked to go back this year.

In previous years we ate at the POR food court (don't ... it tasted like cardboard) and also at the sitdown restaurant at POR (it was good). Other trips we ate at LLT but it is always way behind on the ADRs so the wait was longer and the park is very crowded.

21. llqool

llqool DIS Veteran

we are eating at 1900 park fare. We have a large group (21 of us!) so we'll be at 2 separate tables.

we ate there a couple of years ago and liked the holiday themed desserts (lots of gingerbread plus that gorgeous gingerbread house in the lobby where they give free samples!). you can't beat the GF's holiday decorations. plus, my daughter's going to love seeing Cinderella again...