Where are the best spots to watch the Parade, Fireworks & Fantasmic?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by jazellesmom, Nov 2, 2007.

1. jazellesmom

jazellesmom Mouseketeer

Hi!
    We are planning a trip to Disneyland November 17th! We are so excited! I wanted to get some feedback on where the best spots in terms of view of the parade, fireworks and Fantasmic are?

Thanks in advance!!:hourglass princess: :rotfl: :love: :cloud9:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Master Mason

Master Mason <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Lets see

Fireworks... best place is in the hub, or at the hub side of mainstreet. Second best place is in front of IASW.

Fantasmic I like to be slightly off center, if you get there early then right up against the Rivers, another good spot is on the walkway over the PotC entrance, up against the railing there.

Parade, if your along the route I really don't think it matters all that much, as they make several stops along the way, so it is very similar. I do like the parade a lot more after having now seen it at night, looks a lot better lit up than it does during the daylight to me. I also watched it this last time from the mainstreet Railroad Station, that was neat because it put me above it instead of at eye level.

4. Master Mason

Another question I just thought of are you planning mulitiple days or wanting to see them all on a single day?

5. jazellesmom

jazellesmom Mouseketeer

Just 1 single day. We always do Disneyland in 1 day! = )

6. Jennifer03

Jennifer03 DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed watching the parade in front of City Hall, but really, any spot is nice. Have fun on your trip! :banana:

7. lilpixie

lilpixie When I grow up, I want to be a Disney Princess

We like to watch the parade on the sidewalk right across from the Disneyland RailRoad. We just get there about an hour early (a good time to get a snack and sit down an relax).
    I have never been to Fantasmic, but my SIL and her family went and they had to scope out a spot 2 hours prior! They found a spot in New Orleans Sq. -- by the railing near the water . They ate dinner while they waited for the show to start, but they wished they had brought a big blanket to sit on.

We have been to DL twice and have never seen the fireworks (can you believe that???). So I don't know the best spot for viewing them. My girls get tired out and never make it to watch the fireworks, but I am hoping on our next trip it will happen! I'm sure others will have some good tips.
    Have fun planning!!:wizard:

8. tracer

tracer DIS Veteran

We usually watch the parade right next to the back end of the matterhorn, right in front of Ariels seashell spot. Across are the bathrooms and next to that there is no room for anyone to sit, so the entire parade focuses only on the side we sit on. It's great. We have very small kids so we can be back as far as we need and we let them sit on the garbage cans if there are a lot of people they can't see over ;)

9. Master Mason

Since your only going for a day, I would watch the 6:30 parade where ever you feel like it, watch the fireworks on the frontierland/andventureland side of the hub, and then boogie over to ROA for the 10pm show of fantasmic.

10. jazellesmom

jazellesmom Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for all your replies!

11. disneyfan4ever54

disneyfan4ever54 DIS Veteran

Since the Christmas season begins the day before your trip, you will be seeing the holiday version of the fireworks and the Christmas parade. You might want to view the fireworks from one of the areas where the "snow" will fall afterwards. These places will be marked on the map that you can get upon entering the park. :)