Where are DVC listings for sale by owner?

JohnNJ

Mouseketeer
Where could I find DVC contracts for sale by owner and not through a broker?

Thanks, John

Thanks for the all of the private offers but I'm not interested in purchasing points.

I only asked the question because I find it odd that there isn't a place for owners to list their contracts without going through a broker. The broker gets up to 12% commission (negotiable) for putting a line on a website, making some calls, sending some e-mails and filling out a standard contract. The closing agent/title company does the actual work of submitting paperwork to Disney, doc stamps, recording, owners title policy, doc preparations, title search, warranty deed, transfer docs, 1099, UPS fees and gets paid separately in the form of closing costs.

There really should be a central place that describes what needs to be done if you don't want a broker. It should also include the names of title companies. Anyone know of such a place?

Thanks, John

I myself am looking for around 100 points and the broker sites just don't have much and I am not having any luck finding for sale by owner.... I checked ebay but there it is the brokers again.... hmmmmm :confused3

Christina

I only asked the question because I find it odd that there isn't a place for owners to list their contracts without going through a broker.

DVC is a bit of a unique situation. if the DVC owner skips the broker and saves money by not paying a commission, they still cannot lower the price by very much since disney has the option of coming in and taking the contract with their ROFR.

a website like you describe would be of no value in this case.

This site doesn't want people selling.....I wish it did. If I could have just posted what I was selling, I probably could have saved some money. There are a few strands that suggest sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter