Where and what time do we get picked up from hotel to go to DCL??

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
We booked transportation from DCL to pick us up at our hotel, Port Orleans Riverside and take us to the ship. So we were wondering how it works? Where do they pick us up from? What time do they pick us up? Are there different times? Even though we already paid for the transportation, do we still have to let them know what time we want to go ? :confused3

We did the Land/Sea package. We went to AK in the morning, which is an option with that package. We left our luggage in our room and got on the bus to go to AK. (with our carry-ons) The DCL buses picked us up at AK around 12:30 or so. I think we were at the port by 2:00-2:15.

You should be given all the info at POR when you check in. I know they only pick up at certain resorts.

Have a great time! :flower:

They will pick you up at the lobby. The buses leaving from WDW have staggered schedules (each resort has a specific time). When you check in at the DCL counter, they will tell you when the bus leaves (usually between 11:00am and 12:30pm).

If at all possible, find another way to get to port so you can get on the ship earlier. My family and I always get to DCL by 10:30 or so and check in. We will wait in the terminal until they let us on. I believe around 12 or so. Then we hit the buffet and go to the pool. I think the buffet closes around 3. Usually there aren't very many people at the Mickey pool which is very nice. You will be able to get to your stateroom and organize or whatever. If this is your first cruise with Disney, it is fun just to look around the ship, register the kids, make Palo reservations, etc. If you take the bus you may arrive at 2:30, check in, and by the time you get to your stateroom it will be lifeboat drill time.

These are just some observations. Good luck with whatever you do and have a great time!!!

So when we check in at the front desk of Port Orleans Hotel they will tell us when the bus will pick us up to take us to the ship?

I want to be at the port at 10:30. This couldn´t be done with Disney transportation, so:

When booking with FL Tours or Mears can we tell them that we´d like to be picked up at the CBR at 9:30 ???

unfortunatly, I do not know how Mears and Fl tours work. You will have to call. My family always rents a car for the whole time we are there. You will have to check around for a price. Also check Happy limo. They can do one way, round trip. etc. It is about $105 one way from MK to the port plus tip for 4 people. I guess you will have to do some shopping.

I promise, it is worth getting on the ship as early as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter