When you go to Disney do you count each day or trip as how many times?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by AWHOFAN, Jan 12, 2013.

1. AWHOFAN

AWHOFAN Mouseketeer

When you go to Disney do you count each day or trip as how many times you have visit the park? I say it is each day. :teacher:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

Do you mean if someone asks how many times I have been to Disney? I wouldn't count days, it would be trips.

4. WizardLarz

WizardLarz DIS Veteran

If asked, "How much time have you spent at Disney?", I might count the total days. Currently that number is 61, the longest 10 days, shortest 2 day - the '88 trip)

But if asked, "How many times have you Visited Disney?", them I would count the number of trips. Right now that number is 9 with 2 more planned for this year.

5. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

I count trips because we are there for about 30 days in total per year.
    But we stay off side and do a lot of other things then only Disney so i don't even know how many days we visit the parks each year...

6. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I count trips. Or at least I used to when I kept track of that. We have been so many times now that I really don't know how many. I think I stopped counting at the 50 mark. :faint:

7. WaDiWo

WaDiWo WDWFan!

I count trips as well. I wonder where the "line" is for people who actually live there ... like, uh, KATHY WERLING, who goes every day! :wizard:

8. pasofan

pasofan Mouseketeer

It would actually be easier for her to count the days she is NOT in a park. Ah, the life!!:cloud9:

9. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

We would count trips, not total days. I have no idea how many total days we have been there anymore.

10. kaligal

kaligal DIS Veteran

Back when I counted, I counted trips.

11. WebmasterLeah

WebmasterLeah Administrator Administrator Moderator

Did you know that if you have an annual pass you can ask at Guest Services and they will tell you how many days you've used it? I checked in December and I was at 41 days for 2012! I beat my husband by 3, so I was kind of proud. :)

But, if someone asks, I would just tell them how many trips, not how many days. Although like Jeff, I've kind of lost track.

12. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

On the Disneyland website, when you check in it tells you how many times you've used your pass. I wonder if the WDW site has the same thing.

13. mytripsandraces

mytripsandraces DIS Veteran

If it does, I couldn't find it. I knew the Disneyland site does, but all I could find on the new WDW site was a section where I could input the date of my last trip.

14. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

I count trips. I took the latest survey sent to me, which rated the Disney resort where I stayed. The question is how many times have you visited the Walt Disney World Resort (aka the entire vacation destination as a single entity).

I stopped counting but usually just put something like "30". I probably could boost that up a bit.

15. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

This is what I do too. BriarRosie, like you, I stopped counting long ago. I used to keep a list of when we went but it started getting a little embarrassing when we were topping 40, so I stopped counting. :)

16. collins316

collins316 Mouseketeer

I also stopped counting long ago :blush:
    But I agree with the # of trips.
    If you want to go to the extreme of each daily visit,,, you could carry that to an even further extreme: if you went in the morning, left to go to a resort for lunch, then back in the evening- and count that as 2 "visits"
    I think when people ask you how many times you have been to Disney, what they are asking is how many trips you had, not how many days you went.

17. Glennie5

Glennie5 DIS Veteran

I always count trips not days, but now that you bring it up it would be fun to add how many days we have done.

18. Dismom+two

Dismom+two <font color=purple>Dh and I always refer to it as

I guess it would depend on whether you lived in the area or you had to fly in. I count my visits by trips. If I lived in the next town over I would count days. Planning my 5th trip for April which unfortunately will only be one day! :-(