When would you go to WDW...

rskbh00

Mouseketeer
When is the best time in your opinion to go to WDW...end of May or end of September? I want to book before the current promotion is over Monday so I need help. Is the temperature a lot different between those two months? I have never been to Florida so not real sure on temp. Is there any cons or pros in going in May or September?

I personally like September, whenever we go around that time it has never been too extremely crowded and the weather is beautiful. May is a nice time too, but usually the Garden Festival is going on at Epcot, so it may be a little more crowded from what I remember. September seems to be a little less crowded just because kids are normally already back in school at that point.

I was there in September around the 23rd and it was unbearably hot and humid. The crowds were low and we waited very short times but the heat was brutal. The end of May could be just as hot. I do like September there despite the heat-lots of breaks and water.

If I had the choice I would in September. The only thing with September is the "love bugs" I read about this year. I have never seen them. We went one year for Labor Day. A storm everyday. Though just for a couple of hours. May for our Honeymoon and it was hot both times.

It's funny because we had originally scheduled a trip for the end of May but had to change because of a scheduling conflict, we are now going the end of September.

They are both great times of the year to go. In 2011 the end of Sept is free dining so be sure to make your ADRs early. We only chose May first because it was sooner.

Thanks for all the info and opinions! I will have free dining in either one I choose (May or September) because of the current promotion. I was just trying to debate on how crowded and hot it would be in May. I am leaning more toward May for a couple reasons:
1. It is sooner!
2. Kids won't be missing any school.
3. I won't have to keep it a secret from kids as long.

Is the temperature that much hotter in May than September? And is the crowd horrible in May?

September is my favorite month to go, the crowd level is great, and you can do the Halloween party which is a lot of fun. I've never been in May, but from what I've heard it's a lot more crowded than September.

Weather can be the same for May and September. Love bugs can be in both months. September is less crowded, at least in our experience.

We went this past September, and the weather was great and the crowds were very small. In May you risk graduations, etc.

When is the best time in your opinion to go to WDW...end of May or end of September? I want to book before the current promotion is over Monday so I need help. Is the temperature a lot different between those two months? I have never been to Florida so not real sure on temp. Is there any cons or pros in going in May or September?

What current promotion are you talking about that is over on Monday?

I would go and have at the end of September. The crowds are less than they are the end of May. The weather is pretty much the same, in the upper 80's or low to mid 90's. I have gone once where the weather was mid 80's. Storms do still pop-up but in my experience they lasted maybe 30 min. If you can get past that the biggest problem will be the love bugs. But I personally will put up with them. The end of September brings the Epcot Food and Wine Festival and Mickeys Not So Scarry Halloween Party. Both events are great experiences.

Good luck!

Temps seem about the same from my experience, although May was slightly less humid if I recall which really helped. The crowds however, were considerably smaller in September. That to me is a major factor in how I enjoy a trip, so I would pick September.

just keep in mind september can some horrible rain and wind
and the warm temps in may will help jump start your summer when you go back home either way the parks are not too crowded as long as school is still in
personally i would choose May

DH and I honeymooned in Disney late September and it was hot but nice because the crowds were low.

We just returned from our 1st September trip.

Have done most of the fall, winter and spring months, we all loved September. :thumbsup2 for September, weather is great and crowds are low.

I've only been in May once, yet we will be returning this year. I remember May as being warm, and crowds large while we were there. We are returning in May for Star Wars Weekend so I'm expecting crowds.

A few years ago we did October and the weather was also very good while we were there but it was during the F&W Festival and Epcot was very crowded. During our September trip we enjoyed Epcot so much more because the crowds were so low.

I think weigh your options on what your looking for, September is a quiet month and it's also value season with lots of deals on resorts. Weather is on the warm side and humidity can be high at times, yet crowds are low, also MK host MNSSHP on special nights. We were there for 8 days and only caught 1 late afternoon shower that lasted for a few hours.There is only one negative feature towards the end of the month and that the lovebugs. They are a nuisance.

I expect larger then normal crowds in May this year. Disney has something going on during the middle of the month, not sure but I think it D23 or something like that. Also expect larger then normal crowds towards the end of the month with the opening of the new Star Wars Ride, plus the DHS host Star Wars Weekends towards the end of the month so expect larger then normal crowds on those weekends.

We went in Sept from the 18-25 and it was fabulous! I loved going in September. it was quiet, the longest we waited on a ride was like 10 minutes (for Space Mountain and Splash Mountain). I didn't feel like it was opressively hot, but we dressed nice and cool. (and rode Splash Mountain ALOT!) I would totally recommend going in Sept.

If you're going to eat at table service, you do want to make sure you make your ADR's....with free dining, the restaurants are generally pretty busy. And having to wait for a opening kind of stinks especially if you've got kids. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter