When will the TBD's be filled for Candlelight Processional?

ljm23

DIS Veteran
We are going Nov 28 and anxious to know who the narrator will be!
Thanks in advance.

Great question - it looks like last year they TBD's were announced around this time. We are going on Dec 20th so we are also waiting to hear.

I can't wait either! We are going 12/9. We wanted to go the week before to see NPH and even got a great reservation, but the flight prices were insane and we found flights for $68 each RT for the next week, so the next week it is! This will be our first time seeing it and we are so excited.

I'm doing CP on the 28th too and I'm excited to find out as well! Doesn't matter to me who it is, just like to know. It's my first time and I am very excited!!

They have been known to have open dates and/or change narrators during the run of the show.
It is one of the least "predictable in advance" of all events at WDW, as it is subject
to the acting schedules and health issues of each and every guest narrator.

As a similar situation, we have had tickets for many months in advance to see Audra McDonald perform with the Kansas City Symphony.
Less than a week before the show was to take place, we got word that Ms. McDonald received doctor's orders to stop performing for at least a month due to vocal exhaustion.
You just never know.

Last edited:
Some of the best narrators we've seen over the years were virtual unknowns. One I vividly remember was Story Musgrave, a US astronaut. He was phenomenal.

I'm doing CP on the 28th too and I'm excited to find out as well! Doesn't matter to me who it is, just like to know. It's my first time and I am very excited!!

We are going 11/27 and would have the same one. I can't wait to find out who it is. We have been twice and loved it both times. Did you do the dining package? We are having dinner at Chefs for the 8:15 pm show.

We are going 11/27 and would have the same one. I can't wait to find out who it is. We have been twice and loved it both times. Did you do the dining package? We are having dinner at Chefs for the 8:15 pm show.

I am another one going on the 28th, and I am also doing Chefs de France dinner package. Have been going to Disney at least once a year since 1991, but have never eaten there before. Looking forward to it!

Booked the CP dinner because my BFF is traveling with me and it is her first visit as an adult. I told her CP is a must!

I am another one going on the 28th, and I am also doing Chefs de France dinner package. Have been going to Disney at least once a year since 1991, but have never eaten there before. Looking forward to it!

Booked the CP dinner because my BFF is traveling with me and it is her first visit as an adult. I told her CP is a must!

We love Chefs! Do you always go the same time each year?

Yeah, I am dying to find out also. We will be there NYE week, and as of now we are booked on the 30th, but I would change out for the 27th if it was someone we thought was "cool".

We love Chefs! Do you always go the same time each year?

Yes, with the exception of maybe 6 times. I also like to go in May and September. I am an off-season fan!

I waited in the standby line for CP the year Jim Caviezel was a narrator, and he walked all along the standby line thanking everyone for waiting in the heat as he was on his way to wardrobe. Very classy!

We have our CP dinner at Chefs as well. We love eating there.

Yes, with the exception of maybe 6 times. I also like to go in May and September. I am an off-season fan!

I waited in the standby line for CP the year Jim Caviezel was a narrator, and he walked all along the standby line thanking everyone for waiting in the heat as he was on his way to wardrobe. Very classy!

This will be our 3rd holiday season trip. I love this time of year! I do eventually want to go for Halloween and to experience Flower and Garden/Star Wars.

Whoopi will be narrating when we go, that should be good. We saw Brad Garrett before, he was ok

Whoopi will be narrating when we go, that should be good. We saw Brad Garrett before, he was ok

We saw Whoopi once, and while she was a good speaker, we were a little put off by the extra commentary she threw in. At one point, she started a sentence with, "Whether you're a Christian, or whether you're a Catholic...." Pretty offensive.

We saw Whoopi once, and while she was a good speaker, we were a little put off by the extra commentary she threw in. At one point, she started a sentence with, "Whether you're a Christian, or whether you're a Catholic...." Pretty offensive.
I don't understand the big draw for Whoopi

It'll depend on how many more attractions we want to see as to whether we go to it or not anyway. We saw it that other time because we hadn't seen it yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!