when & where for SOLO trip?

Candice30

World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.
hey guys: just came back from HRH yesterday and already i want to start planning my solo trip. i got alot of advice before on where to eat and things i can do solo but where should i stay and when should i go? since i am on vacation now it can't be before september. weather wise when is better? someone was telling me about xmas time and possibly the 1st week of december?

also, the only place i haven't stayed now is PBH. i thought this would be a great pamper myself place but will it be too relaxed and quiet for a solo traveler?

thanks!

September is nice crowd wise because kids are back in school.

The other time to visit is February, as the temperatures are 55 for the low, then go up to 75 in the afternoon. The park is deserted during this time, and you can walk around all day without over heating.

Now if you want to lay out by the pool, then September may be better. October is an idea if you want to visit HHN and check that out. The crowds are light during the day, then the park gets packed at night for the event.

I just got back from the RPR, and I've stayed at the HRH last year. I'd stay at the PBH just so you can say you did all 3.

Candice30 said:
hey guys: just came back from HRH yesterday and already i want to start planning my solo trip. i got alot of advice before on where to eat and things i can do solo but where should i stay and when should i go? since i am on vacation now it can't be before september. weather wise when is better? someone was telling me about xmas time and possibly the 1st week of december?

also, the only place i haven't stayed now is PBH. i thought this would be a great pamper myself place but will it be too relaxed and quiet for a solo traveler?

thanks!
I was wondering how you liked the HRH?I usually go solo and will be staying at RPR which I really liked for 3 nights and HRH for 2 nights for the 1st time so I would really like to know how you liked it. I am going the end of 11/27-12/10 and am splitting my time between WDW and Universal I think that is a great time to travel because the Xmas decorations are up and crowds aren't too bad.WDW has alot to offer the 1 st week of December if you go there also,I personally have stayed at PBH 2 times and didn't like it much,one time I had sugar ants all over my room and I don't think that is acceptable for such a high priced hotel and I complained to management when I got back and I think I received a free night or 2 in a nice room with nice welcome gifts and a discounted room but they they also said this is Florida there are bugs here(not if it is cleaned properly),but funny I have never seen them anywhere else especially RPR which I really preferred anyway.I personally wouln't stay at PBH again but some people love it.Enjoy your planning I think that is half the fun!!! :)

i loved the HRH. (check out my trip report on the trip report board). we had a great time there and i could see myself going solo there. i liked the spaciousness of HRH but prefer the decor of RPR. both had the best hotel beds i have ever slept on and the service was great.

what holiday stuff does universal have going on the 1st week of december?

All the holiday decorations will be up.
They'll have a snow area and slide next to one fish two fish.

thanks for the replies to this and my other questions. i have decided to just go for labor day weekend and hope for the best weather wise. it WAS to be my first solo trip but after talking about it for the last few days, my sister is now going with me. she has never been to universal or IOA and since i took 2 of her children last year and another 1 of them last week, she figured that it was her time to be treated to a trip. we are head to PBH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter