When (what months) do you usually go on your WDW DVC vacations?

when do you usually take your DVC vacations?

• I tend to go to WDW during "Peak" times (Pres Week,Easter,Xmas-NYE,Thanksgiving,June,July,Aug)

• January

• February - but NOT President's week

• March

• April - but NOT April vacation week

• May - but NOT Memorial Day week

• September - but NOT Labor Day week

• October

• November - but NOT Thanksgiving week

• December - first 2.5 weeks

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
hi everyone. i was thinking about DVC yesterday (number crunching, poring over points charts, imagining planning potential DVC vacations if/when i ever convince myself to buy-in, etc. :p ), and there's something i really wanted to get a better feel for.

it seems like a lot of DVCers tend to avoid vacationing at WDW during general "Peak" times such as:

Traditional "Peak" Vacation Weeks:
  • February President's Week (public schools vacation)
  • April public schools vacation week (usually near Easter)
  • December holidays from week before Christmas through New Years Day
  • November Thanksgiving week
Summer "Peak" Months:
  • May Memorial Day week thru Sept Labor Day week
i was curious if this observation is accurate; and if so, i was wondering which "off-peak" times are most popular for DVCers. in order words, i have this theory that the true DVC peak times are different from the general WDW peak times.
so, i tried to come up with a poll that might shed some light on this.
i also thought this companion poll on which DVC points season you normally travel would help complete the picture, so please also click here vote in that poll as well!

anyway, please cast your vote! if you're a new DVC member, just vote for what you think your vacation patterns will be. :)

vote for the first option if you actually tend to travel during "Peak" times.
but, if you tend to travel during "off-peak" times, please ignore the first option and vote for the months you take your DVC vacations most frequently

thanks everyone! i'm really looking forward to seeing the results.

When DS was younger (pre-high school), we always went to WDW Thanksgiving week. Once he started high school we no longer pulled him out of school for a vacation. We wait until June. Annmarie

We love to go the 1st week of Dec - Its not so crowded and all the wonderful holiday special events and decorations. So I voted 1st 2.5wks of dec.

We also now go for one week in the summer and if this March goes well DH and I will make a yearly NO KIDS vacation annually.:D

It all depends on school schedule now. I used to schedule the trips during Oct/Nov.

Our favorite times are the first half of December; last half of April; first half of May; all of October. We try to avoid the school breaks.

disneyberry - how are you? Were you able to rent points for Halloween? I was sorry I couldn't help you out. Nice to see you'er thinking of become a DVC'er!!

I always to during the summer. Right now there's no choice. My son is in Catholic school and they frown on you're taking the kids out.

One day when he no longer wants to accompany us, then I think I'd like to go October.

But until that time; summer it is!

I didn't know where to put my answer. We go late July or Early Aug every year, and also April/May for the Flower Show one year, then the week after Thanksgiving the next year.

Originally posted by Ms. WDW
disneyberry - how are you? Were you able to rent points for Halloween? I was sorry I couldn't help you out. Nice to see you'er thinking of become a DVC'er!!

yep, miraculously, another member was able to call and get a room w/in 5 days of check-in (after waitlists had expired) for a quickie 2-night stay at BWV. after this second trip to BWV, the more i think about it, the more i want to become a DVC member. i'm still struggling with the financial calculations/justification though!

anyway, i'm happy to see all the votes on this poll already. looks like everybody's favorite "off-peak" time is F&W and early Dec for Xmas decorations!
keep the votes coming, the more votes, the more accurate the poll.
thanks!

Can't really vote on this poll, I go to WDW seven or eight times a year. This year I have trips in January, March, May, July, August, October, November and two in December. I'll probably always go on Labor Day weekend, the first half of November, and the first half of December, though.

Hey you left out a slot for Labor Day so I left my vote in September...since September is a low month.

And I wound up voting twice because Food & Wine spans Oct & Nov. Using ranges of timeshare weeks may have been a tad more accurate over using months.

We go at least twice a year. Those two times are February school vacation and the end of August.

I guess I voted in the majority!

We really don't have much choice at this point in our lives but to go during Peak Times since I teach school. We bought enough points to go during Easter Week, a long weekend in June, a few days at Vero in August and a 4 day weekend in mid-December. Lucky for us, we have a friend who also is a DVC member and we can often share a 2 bedroom!

Once I retire (SOON!!!) We will be going in the off season more often and for a longer period of time.

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

I voted for peak times because we have visited during the summer, Christmas and Easter. We are anxious to be able to travel at other times when school vacation doesn't determine our lives.

I'll go any time except June, July or August. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Although you might be able to twist my arm to make a trip during the summer.

yes, *sigh* i realized after submitting the poll that i should have included Memorial Day and Labor Day in option #1 which is the "i travel during Peak times" choice.
i think only Moderators can modify polls once they're composed already.

because polls are limited to 10 options max, and there isn't more complex bulletin board software to make a more appropriate poll, this is the best i could come up with.

so i figured this poll combined with the DVC point season poll would provide a good general idea of when DIS DVCers tend to vacation at WDW.

i made both polls allow multiple votes, so, if appropriate (you like to travel during F&W which is Oct or Nov) you can choose more than one month.

anyway, thanks to everyone who's voted so far. apparently, a lot of DVCers do still travel during general WDW Peak attendance times!

We go end of Oct or beginning of Nov for F&W fest, early Dec for the Christmas events & May for the water parks and other central Florida attractions.

We use 100% of the points during June and July.

For the past few years, we've (or I have) been going 2-3 times a year. We consistently go in early summer, so I voted for that. I have been going in March and Dec. But this year that will change. No March trip to WDW for me. (I'm going to DL) ;)

We have ressies for June and would go at Christmas this year if I hadn't started a new job.

We plan on going next June also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter