When to meet the fairies?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Nezzaa, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Nezzaa

Nezzaa Earning My Ears

We'll be at MK on Rope drop one day and at MNSSHP the next. My dd will be dressed up as Rosetta and I would love to take a picture of her dressed up w/ the fairies. My choice is to be first in line for the fairies at MNSSHP (we'll be there since 4pm ) or be at RD line for toon town at 9:45 the day before(and bring her custome and wings along, which will be a bit more cumbersome)

So which one is a better plan?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

9:30am at Toontown .

4. Good Morning Dewdrop

Good Morning Dewdrop Everything Is Awesome!

Ditto Robo - go for RD. Be there at 9:30 for the 9:45 RD. If you have a stroller leave it outside of TT - it will only slow you up droping it before the Fairies tent.

I know carrying wings etc around isn't fun (my dd has Rosetta and Silvermist outfits) but once the fairies line gets started it never gets short not even for the parties. Also last year when we went to the Halloween party only Tink was in the tent (I think it's different this year but you can never be sure). On a normal day you'll meet two or 3 of the fairies at any one visit. Also remember you can generally only take pictures of dd with one fairy at a time - just FYI.

5. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

The fairy line during MNSSHP has been fairly quick, so you may want to consider that. But I wouldn't go at 4, I'd go during one of the parades or the fireworks. The regular fairies for the party have been rotating between Tink, Vidia, Rosetta, and Terrence, so you will have a better chance catching Rosetta at night rather then the morning.

6. Good Morning Dewdrop

Good Morning Dewdrop Everything Is Awesome!

While I think Berlioz rocks in terms of character info I am going to slightly disagree.

On our recent trip we visited the fairies 8 times (over 10 days) Rosetta was there 6 out of the 8 visits. She was great. Now our times were all over the place (we were really trying to find Terrance and Silvermist). Rosetta was there on all of our early morning visits. I can't say she's there all of the time but I do stand by my previous suggestion to go first thing in the morning.

7. proud_canadian

proud_canadian DIS Veteran

We went to toon town around 9:40 on Friday this week and they dropped the rope at 9:45. We were done with the Fairies by just after 10:00. The line at that time said 75 min!!!! This was during as slow day as well. Definitly go when toon town opens if you can!

8. humboldthny

humboldthny DIS Veteran

I totally agree! I was waiting with my stroller-less dd6 this past May...walked in with a huge crowd at RD and promptly passed about 2/3 of them as they all stopped to drop of their stollers in stroller parking!

9. ErinInCT

ErinInCT Someday my tag will come...

I'd hate for you to miss the MNSSHP fireworks, but we went to the princesses during the fireworks and no one was there. We chatted with all of the princesses and princes for the entire fireworks! The fairy line was empty too. As soon as we got out we heard the line was already 60 min long!

10. Nezzaa

Nezzaa Earning My Ears

Thank you all. since missing the MNSSHP is not really an option, i guess rd at tt it is. she will be dressed up for the party too and we were planing to go to tt to meet mickey and minnie so we'll have a chance to meet rosetta then as well.
    Thanks again to everyone. :lovestruc