When to go next year?

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
DF has finally agreed that we can go to Disney again next year (like there was any doubt really) so now we need to decide when to go. We've been in September twice and liked it but wondered about trying October, November or early December. September would definitely be the earliest we went but how do those months compare on whether, crowds and cost?

late november into early december is also quiet but can be a bit on the chilly side ( but then thats maybe me, hubby rekons i'm related to a tomato plant :rotfl:). oct was quiter than summer but not as quit as september or early december.

Honestly I suggest September.
1.The Crowds are very managable!
2.the Heat is slightly more bareable!
3.Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party is on from the 1st/2nd week onwards!
4The prices are much better!
5.The Park Hours are still pretty good!
6. last week you can very likely catch food and wine!

I have only ever really travelled to WDW at this time of the year because of this.

Hope this helps to make your mind up!:thumbsup

Our fave month is Oct but we can't go in Sept. In Sept you still have Halloween events, great weather(although this Oct has been as good) low crowds, cheap flights. I definitely want to try Sept when Matt leaves school.
If you go Oct then earlier the better to avoid school hols.
Beyond Oct is too cold for me, been numerous times Oct half term and evenings can turn cooler, but we like hotter weather.

When do the English schools get the October break? Are they later than Scotland? Ours are the second week (usually around the 9th or so). Not that we make any difference to the crowds ....

We love early November for Food and Wine festival and the start of MVMCP and Christmas decorations. Weather ideal for us then but leave before week of Thanksgiving as crowds increase.

Sadly now both are in school we won't be able to do those dates for a while!

When do the English schools get the October break? Are they later than Scotland? Ours are the second week (usually around the 9th or so). Not that we make any difference to the crowds ....

Usually later, Joshua for example is off this week.

Claire I would imagine around this time of the year with the schools on holiday prices will be more expensive.
Personally if I could choose from your dates I would probably plump for early October as the weather will be ideal, and I don't think the crowds would be too bad.
I can see the appeal of December, crowds usually fairly low the first 2 weeks or so, and the decorations gives it an extra appeal - I would want it slightly warmer though but that's just me. If you are prepared to take a gamble on the weather being cooler that may be a good choice for you also.

We have been several times in September, once in October & once in December. The crowds levels have been minimal on all our trips, we always go when kids are in school and avoid all US holidays. I suppose the busiest crowds we have experienced were in December last year we went from the 2nd to 19th and the last few days the queues started to get a little longer but nothing compared to how I imagine it gets over the summer months.

If you haven't been at Christmastime before then I highly recommend early December, the parks are just so pretty and of course MVMCP. :santa: The weather was fine we didn't have any rain, on some says the first few hours in the morning could be slightly cooler but a jumper did the trick.

You could always try end of October through mid November that way start the holiday with MNSSHP & finish with MVMCP.

in 2004 we flew out on thanksgiving (24th nov) and it was quite busy but the shopping was great! the sales were so good on black friday

It could be a bit chilly so we much prefer sept but we will go back that time of year again once our twins are a bit older to do the christmas party as this was really good. We do prefer the halloween party though and normally go the first night in the beg of sept

You could always try end of October through mid November that way start the holiday with MNSSHP & finish with MVMCP.

I was thinking about that.

We are there end of Dec this year so will see the decorations but not MVMCP.

Is the weather warm enough then to go to the water parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter