When to go first timer

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Gretel, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Gretel

Gretel I like being ME

We are thinking April or Aug of this year.......what about temps and crowds? Would April be crowded the week beofre easter?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Rajah

Rajah <font color=red><b>WPASADI II Co-Winner</b><br><fo

I don't have any experience with April before Easter, but if you're talking about the week before Easter you may be in for some crowds. I know Easter weekend itself is supposed to be really crowded.

I also haven't been in August, so I'll leave it to the locals to give crowd info. The only thing I might add is that the new park (DCA) is opening next month and will likely draw more crowds for at least the first part of the year. You may be better off with August despite the warmer temps.

Easter time-frame would be beautiful, though, if my trips in early May are any indication :D

-Rajah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

cdrtrisal@aol.com

(Links will return when I find a new place to host the sites)

4. Judy from Boise

Judy from Boise <font color=teal>Watch out – might take away your

I'm sorry, I haven't been in either of those time frames either, but I am giving you a BUMP :)

[​IMG]
    What lies behind us
    and what lies before us
    are tiny matters
    compared to what lies within us -Emerson

5. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

<font color=navy>April will be very crowded on the Thursday/Friday before Easter (personal experience speaks here). It's usually a bit cooler, and we may have rains (but the weather has been so unpredictable lately, don't really know). There may also be some attractions down due to refurbishment

In August, it is crowded and hot, but the park is open longer, and there are usually more attractions/shows/parades open due to the summer crowds.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo [​IMG]
    Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
    [​IMG]

My Disneyland Site
    My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

6. sueg

sueg <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

We were thinking about our first trip to DL during the last week in Aug., with departure just before Labor Day weekend. On the East Coast, many school districts return to school during that week. Am I wrong to hope for the same crowd decrease in DL?

7. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator