When to check in for Wishes Dessert Party?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We have reservations for the dessert party with a reservation time of 7:45 in August.
Do we have to check in at 7:45 or can we be a little later?
Right now it says the park will be closing at 9:00 pm but I'm guessing the closing time will be extended to later.
The reason I want to know is because we have a BOG dinner reservation at 5:45. We want plenty of time to relax and eat. I think with this time we should be able to do that but just wondered do we have to be at check in by 7:45? In case dinner takes longer then we think?

This is 3 year old information, so I don't know what's changed since then:

I went to the last Wishes dessert party of 2014, and it was a blast. I'm not sure that if my table was specifically reserved because I requested disability seating, or if they do that for everyone (this one you may have to call WDW Dining and check). I think everyone had their table pre-assigned.

Since you have to pre-pay for the Party at reservation, the seats should be yours, whether you show up or not. If you stroll in at 8, you should still be able to get in.

Now, fair warning, the Electrical Parade gets REALLY close to the path needed to get to the Party, and the Party opens about the same time the Parade goes through Tommorowland, so be careful about that.

The one thing I have to ask you, though, is BoG at 5:45 and Wishes at 7:45? That's A LOT of food all at once! I'm not sure if you're aware, but Wishes is a buffet dessert party. It's a selection of desserts from (mostly) the restaurants in MK, in bite-size portions.

This is 3 year old information, so I don't know what's changed since then:

I went to the last Wishes dessert party of 2014, and it was a blast. I'm not sure that if my table was specifically reserved because I requested disability seating, or if they do that for everyone (this one you may have to call WDW Dining and check). I think everyone had their table pre-assigned.

Since you have to pre-pay for the Party at reservation, the seats should be yours, whether you show up or not. If you stroll in at 8, you should still be able to get in.

Now, fair warning, the Electrical Parade gets REALLY close to the path needed to get to the Party, and the Party opens about the same time the Parade goes through Tommorowland, so be careful about that.

The one thing I have to ask you, though, is BoG at 5:45 and Wishes at 7:45? That's A LOT of food all at once! I'm not sure if you're aware, but Wishes is a buffet dessert party. It's a selection of desserts from (mostly) the restaurants in MK, in bite-size portions.
No check in is at 7:45. My guess is Wishes or whatever the new show is going to be will start at 10:00. It is August so calendars will change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter