When to buy Rainforest Room day passes?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Genie-In-Training, Feb 13, 2013.

1. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

Complaining and insulting/berating. HAH yeah she was a class act!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Stinkerbe11

Stinkerbe11 DIS Veteran

How is the availability of heated loungers on the Fantasy? On the Wonder, I was only able to use the loungers once because they were always full and people seemed to stay in them for a long time.:(

4. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

I didn't have problems on the Fantasy. They are in their own "room" there... like a solarium inbetween the hottub room and the sauna/showers room.

Ppl fall asleep and snore sometimes tho - NOT relaxing LOL

5. Genie-In-Training

Genie-In-Training Earning My Ears

I think it depends on the day and time you go. Mornings worked for us. Also, if there is a port you're not interested in(Nassau for us), that seems to be a good day to go. I understand sea days can be very busy.

6. cleophus12

cleophus12 DIS Veteran

Maybe I missed the answer but I too was wondering if you prepurchase the single day pass, do you have to choose the day in advance or can you use it at any time?

7. castmbr

castmbr DIS Veteran

I just booked day passes via phone two days ago and had to tell them which day I wanted.

8. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

I called about six weeks ago to get one for our cruise on the Fantasy next month. I asked if I needed to specify a day, and I was told that I did not. It's frustrating that we are getting conflicting information. Some are told they can buy single day passes while onboard, others are told they can't. Some are told you have to specify the date when ordering a 1-day pass ahead of time, some are told you don't. Frankly, the fact that you have to either fax a form or call DCL seems odd to me. Why can't you just buy your passes the same way you book spa treatments and excursions??

9. Genie-In-Training

Genie-In-Training Earning My Ears

You're taking all of their fun away--you and your logic.:)

10. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

Thanks for the laugh! When you get right down to it, I'll jump through whatever hoops DCL puts in front of me. I'm sure my time in the Rainforest Room will be worth the minor inconvenience of obtaining a pass!

11. Kewz1

Kewz1 DIS Veteran

Anyone know what the cost of a Rainforest Pass on the Transatlantic is?

We love the RF room!

Kristen

12. matthew517

matthew517 Mouseketeer

I have a couple questions about the day pass and spa.
    Do you share the showers at the same time?
    Do you have to reserve a time during the day?
    When you order the day passes to the charge you right then or on the cruise?

13. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

The showers are big enough for two people and are open, but I don't think they are meant to be shared unless you know the other person. You don't have to reserve a time and can return later that same day if you want to. The day passes are a gift option online so you are charged for them when you order.

14. matthew517

matthew517 Mouseketeer

Thank you for your response.

How busy does it get. Will there be a problem with getting a spot.

15. MrsBoyer428

MrsBoyer428 Mouseketeer

My understanding is that there is alot that can change from cruise to cruise. I usually take what people say on here and use it as a guide knowing once I get on the ship that it could change.

16. FEmpire

FEmpire Earning My Ears

What are the hours for the Rainforest Room?

17. ChrisParker

ChrisParker Mouseketeer

Curious as to what the "scrub" option is? :flower3:

18. dphillips1103

dphillips1103 Earning My Ears

I am thinking about purchasing RF 1 day pass. Do you think it is worth it?

19. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

I was just on the Wonder for the 14 day Panama Canal trip. I prepurchased 6 days of Rainforest use as there was so much discussion on whether the price would be $16/$17 per day, $27 with 'scrubs', and the never ending changing of the price of a cruise-long pass.

So the first day I went to the open house (to win the raffle, which didn't happen!). There was a list of services available, and it said the cost of the cruise long pass was $116 for a single! Hoo, I wanted that so I asked if I could apply the price I'd paid for the 6 passes I'd purchase to the cruise pass. The first thing the person told me was that that price was incorrect, that they were selling the passes for the first 7 days and the second 7 days, and that the single price was $144 (which is what it was with scrubs on the Wonder at Christmas - 7 days). I said I'd just keep my six.

So I went in about 2 days later to 'check in' and they made me pick my 6 days as they had 'sold out'. I noticed a sign that the cost of the 7 day pass was $114 with no mention of scrubs. So I picked my 6 days and went in. No problem as it was 8 am and I got to sit in my lounger for about 1 hour as no one was waiting.

When I went back for my second day (10 am?), it was crowded. There were 2 people who never moved from the loungers for the entire hour I was there. I did get a stone chair after about 15 minutes, but once I got up there was no way I'd ever get it again as about 8 people were waiting, so I went back at night.

Then disaster. The next time I went, there were 4 people signed in and about 15 in there. I waited for about 10 minutes but then just got frustrated and left. On the way out the manager knew I was mad and offered to 'call me' when it was less busy, but I didn't want to hang out waiting for a call, so she offered to refund my prepaid days and I took her up on it.

I won't get a rainforest pass again. I just don't like the pressure to 'relax' the way they want me to relax. Shower, steam, sauna, stone chair. Do it again! No hogging chairs. Keep moving. Too many people.

While the WBPC cruise only had 1700 guests, they were almost all adults and everything was crowded. Never chairs at the Cove pool, never loungers on deck 4, every show packed, every lecture packed. Spa was always busy. It may have just been the cruise, but I didn't think the spa or DCL controlled the crowds well. Maybe they just didn't have enough activities so everyone went to the spa at once, or maybe too many of us were on the same dining schedule, but I was shut out of activities more than once.

In summary, the prices are still at the whim of the Spa manager, they don't control the access very well (they didn't say to me at check in that there were 15 people in the rainforest room and suggest I come back, I was the one who noticed it that the sign in sheet was full), the scrubs seem to come and go. I don't think they sold any one day passes on board, just 7 day passes for the first or second week, plus they honored the prepaid day passes.

Nancy

20. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Where was this sign in list? When I went on the Fantasy I turned my KTTW card over to the girl at the desk and she gave me a bracelet to access the RF. I never signed anything either time.

21. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

This was the Wonder, and the sign in sheet was new since Christmas. I gave them my KTTW, I signed a clipboard sheet to check in and then you were supposed to sign to check out too. No bracelets on the Wonder.

Nancy