When to book?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by HELPDESKGUY, May 1, 2010.

1. HELPDESKGUY

HELPDESKGUY Disney Dad

Those who travel from the UK how far in advance do you normally book your airline tickets?

2. scottishgirl87

scottishgirl87 DIS Veteran

We booked our flights for next week in July last year. It wasn't long after they were released.

They're now over £200 per person dearer than when we booked!

3. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies Near to Tigger's House

I booked a package which you can book earlier than the flight tickets are released. Booked end of May last year for the beginning of October this year - 17 months out :scared1:

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. rpbert1

rpbert1 DIS Veteran

I booked mine for this July about the end of September last year, once i saw a price i was happy with.
    Glad i am not looking now as prices seem to be a bit more expensive

6. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

There are no set rules for best time to buy flights, sometimes day they are released are best prices other times a few days before travel for Charter flights as they sell them off if any spare seats.

For August ours were released last Sept at £1,700pp, I booked 29th Jan at £1,170pp, now they are £2,300pp
    Its all about knowing approx price for your dates and buying when you think they are at the lowest price, not easy.

7. a jay

a jay Mouseketeer

I booked our flights, car and villa over the Easter holidays. I blamed the poor weather on our first week of half term. We go 20th july 2011.:banana:

8. GibboFLA

GibboFLA Earning My Ears

Booked ours in the middle of April 2010 for mid October 2101. As previously mentioned it's just seeing a price you are "happy" with and going for it.
    I do think the prices this year are up about £100 or so on what we paid last year, but :confused3 if you gonna go you gotta pay.