When to book car?

la79al

DIS Veteran
Our trip is not until January and to be honest, I don't know exactly when or where we will be renting BUT, we will need a minivan so I really need to get the best price possible. A lot of the codes I see expire by June. Do I book now and add a code later or does anyone know when I would be able to book with the code? After trying to figure out transportation, booking ADRs and scheduling for 7 people will be a breeze :cool1:.

I have found the best time to book is 2 weeks before my trip. That is when the last minute rates are released by the rental car companies. And yes if you book a van and find a code later you can rebook using the code. As to when you can book with a code it depends on what time frame the code is good for.
In mid Dec look on the this board for the thread started for the Jan 2013 codes. and see what codes are posted and what works for the type of vehicle you need.

Like PP said you will probably find your cheapest rates 2 weeks to a month before your rental date. Leading up to then if you find a price you're comfortable with, I would book it because there's always a chance prices will go up or there won't be availability. Read the fine print but most rental reservations have a very lenient cancellation policy (48 hours before if not less). After that keep checking and if you find something cheaper cancel and rebook. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter