When to book a room for Princess Half 2014

emilyindisney

DIS Veteran
My sister and I are planning a trip for next year's Princess Half. We aren't planning on getting a package because we aren't planning on getting DDP or any park tickets. So, my question is, how far in advance can and should I book our room? I realize this is going to be a busy time and want to make sure we can get the resort we want.

You will get a room discount through rundisney, so whenever those discounts open up. You'll need to be registered for the race in order to get the discount codes.

We know when the Princess 1/2 is 2/21-2/23 2014. Why not book now, and apply any discounts as they come up? I was thinking of doing the same thing for the Wine and Dine...

So, if I book before I register, can I still apply rundisney discounts? Are there specific hotels that fall under the discount?

Thanks so much for the info so far!

So, if I book before I register, can I still apply rundisney discounts? Are there specific hotels that fall under the discount?

Thanks so much for the info so far!

No...you cannot apply the runDisney discounts later on. If you book a room now, it will be through the regular Disney reservations system. When you book with the runDisney discounts, it's a different division of reservations. You would have to cancel the first reservation and rebook with the runDisney discount/package. The runDisney discounts will be available at the host resorts for the race, which will be announced when the registration/travel details open for the race.

You don't have to use the runDisney package to be able to stay at a host resort. You don't even have to stay at a host resort, but then you won't get race transportation, if you have a car or want to use a taxi, or any other option for your own transporation, you can.
We have used both the runDisney sports packages/discounts (even if you use room only, they still call it a "package") and have booked on our own directly with Disney for all different races. You really need to price out all options to see which one works best for you with a best price. runDisney doesn't always have the best prices~ sometimes you can get a better price with a promotion Disney is offering.

Honestly, I wouldn't be in such a rush to book a year ahead necessarily. If you have your heart set on something, then that's ok, but just be aware that if you want to cancel and rebook or apply a discount, that option that you have may not be included, so you either have to be flexible and change, or pay the rack rate of what you really want.

I hope that helps somewhat and isn't too confusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter