When should we leave?

Queenie

Mouseketeer
Odd sounding question I know but bear with me.

We have a flight from Los Angeles International to Orlando at 11.20pm on Sunday October 14th. We will be going to Disneyland park that day and don't know what time to set off for the airport. We have a SatNav system but are worried about getting lost (we've never been to LA before) or traffic. I guess the traffic can't be too bad late on a Sunday night but then again this is LA and from what we hear it's the ultimate traffic nightmare.

When would you recommend leaving the park in order to get there and check in without having to rush? :goodvibes

Odd sounding question I know but bear with me.

We have a flight from Los Angeles International to Orlando at 11.20pm on Sunday October 14th. We will be going to Disneyland park that day and don't know what time to set off for the airport. We have a SatNav system but are worried about getting lost (we've never been to LA before) or traffic. I guess the traffic can't be too bad late on a Sunday night but then again this is LA and from what we hear it's the ultimate traffic nightmare.

When would you recommend leaving the park in order to get there and check in without having to rush? :goodvibes

Traffic that time of night on a Sunday you should be pretty ok. I'm an over planner so I would leave about 8pm. At that time of night on a Sunday, I would figure an hour to get to the airport. My guess is you would be checking in about 9:30 which would give you about 2 hours for unexpected traffic etc. I vote for about 8pm..

Your best bet is to double check how early LAX requires (or suggests) you arrive before your flight and then add about 1.5 hours for travel to account for an accident or getting lost. That way you won't be rushed at all. Last time we had to use LAX over the summer, they were saying you needed to be there 2 hours before your flight, and I think you are traveling on Columbus Day weekend, so you might want to double check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter