• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When returning to your Resort which entrance do you use?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
If you stay at a WDW Resort and have a car when you return to where you stay do you always use the Resort entrance where you insert your KTTW card, or do you use the entrance where the security guard is? My parents would use the Resort entrance if there was a lot of people going through the regular one, however if there is no one there then we would use the one where the security guard is. One of the guards told us if we use the Resort side, she can't tell us welcome home.

I always use the entrance where I insert my key card. Quick and easy, espcially if there are other guest lined up who are just arriving.

Resort entrance, as I have never, ever, ever had any luck getting a KTTW to work in the gate. Doesn't matter what resort I'm staying at, it never works. The guard ends up having to open the gate for me anyway. So I just save myself the aggravation and get a Welcome Home from the guard at the same time.

I almost always use the regular entrance. I never have any luck in getting close enough to the card reader thing to be able to reach it without having to unbuckle myself.

both - but mostly the security guard entrance.

now at the all stars resort - the Key entrance - because lots of time the line is very long and at times - just showing your key is not enough for the security guards - they want your ID.

well my driver license is put in a place where it is very, very difficult to take it out. So I can spend 5 minutes getting the driver license out. add this to the number of cars that are waiting - and you get the reason why there is a line waiting.

Now if the security guards would take it in the container (sometimes wallet, sometimes other stuff) then it would move faster. but most of the time when they demand the ID they want it out of the container.....

the other places aren't as bad as Alll stars.

now the one exception is OKW - it doesn't have another line (despite having room for it)

Resort entrance, as I have never, ever, ever had any luck getting a KTTW to work in the gate. Doesn't matter what resort I'm staying at, it never works. The guard ends up having to open the gate for me anyway. So I just save myself the aggravation and get a Welcome Home from the guard at the same time.

This has been my experience as well, so I also use the resort entrance.

We used the key entrance at the Poly. One time, we were getting out our key and the gate went up! :thumbsup2 I think the guard saw our parking permit and just raised it. There was no one on the other side. If there was, we had to use our key.

the security entrance.....too lazy to fish out the KTTW card..
and when we're at OKW, i love it when the guard welcomes us home....

If there isn't a line, I'll go through the booth entrance. If there is, one of us will dig out a card and use the card thingy.

I find the whole, "Welcome Home" thing to be a little weird - it isn't home and I don't want to pretend that it is. Kind of like calling the in-laws "mom and dad." Works for some folks, just not for me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter