When on the dinning plan, does it pay for more than 2 drinks during dinner?

Happyflower

Mouseketeer
For instance if eating a nice dinner, I have ice tea with my meal and for dessert I would like to have coffee, will they both be included on the plan for that meal?

No, when I knew I wanted coffee with my dessert I would order ice water so I could have coffee at the end. I also asked my server at a few places that had frozen cappacino on the menu if I would be allowed to order that as dessert and was told yes, so then I would order iced tea and have the iced capp for my dessert.

Some of the Signature dining places we went to last year provided coffee at the end of the meal, in addition to a regular drink. Then again, other restaurants refused to admit that coffee was included even for the regular drink, so it didn't seem to be universally constant.

I thought you got 1 hot and 1 cold non-alcholic beverage.

From the 2007 DDP Sticky at top of the Dining Plan page:

Each Table Service Credit includes one of the following:
Breakfast: Juice, Entrée, Non-alcoholic beverage
Lunch: Appetizer, Entrée, Dessert, Non-alcoholic beverage
Dinner: Appetizer, Entrée, Dessert, Non-alcoholic beverage

OR One full buffet.

DH always gets coffee with dessert and we have always been prepared to pay OOP for it. However, I think we were only charged once. Most servers said it was extra but after we said we would pay anyway, they never seemed to put it on the bill. The only time we had an issue was at Tony's where our server didn't want to bring it to us even after DH got out a couple dollars to "prove" he would pay for coffee - she kept insisting that he wasn't allowed to have it.

The only time we had an issue was at Tony's where our server didn't want to bring it to us even after DH got out a couple dollars to "prove" he would pay for coffee - she kept insisting that he wasn't allowed to have it.

:rotfl2: God that's funny.
What were you think when you showed her the money and she still wouldn't take your order?

she finally asked someone else who said it was okay - and we didn't get charged either lol. I'm still not sure how my DH managed to control his temper that day.

Be prepared to pay OOP. We have asked many times. Only signature res. would offer us coffee with our desert.

Last September, I ordered a cafe au lait at Marakesh. I already had a cold drink, so I was planning to just pay for the coffee. They didn't charge me. At Whispering Canyon the next night, dh and I both ordered coffee with dessert, and again were not charged extra. I'm planning to play it by ear this time around; if I get charged for the coffee, then I'll pay.

Although this doesn't apply to the dining plan, but in my experience, many restaurants that if you order an alcoholic beverage first, then later switch to a soft drink or iced tea, that they rarely charge you for the soda/tea.

Some servers at some restaurants allow you to "rotate" drinks. So that is like having a soft drink then getting a free refill but of coffee instead of what you originally had. It is the same as some servers letting you get a shake for your beverage - we got excellent chocolate raspberry shakes at LeCellier last Dec. It is one of those hit or miss things that can't be counted on before asking.

Last year my mom and I ordered coffee at every TS meal with our dessert after having iced tea or soda with our dinners. We were never charged extra for the coffees. This was just coffee, not specialty coffee drinks or anything. I think they just treated it as a refill, only we switched from soda to coffee...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter