When is you card charged?

TraciM

DIS Veteran
We cruise January 23-30. While I have our money budgeted we get paid the 29th via direct deposit (while we are on board). Can I count on having that money or will my card be charged at that point?

We cruise January 23-30. While I have our money budgeted we get paid the 29th via direct deposit (while we are on board). Can I count on having that money or will my card be charged at that point?
I wouldn't count on it. DCL automatically charges through once your balance is at 500. I've never made it though one cruise without an interim charge.

Do you mean when do they charge your credit card for any onboard purchases made? If so, on the Magic I believe it is when you hit $400.00. As soon as you hit $400.00 your charge card will be charged. When you rack up another $400.00 it will be charged again and so on....on the last and last night and even the next morning they will charge whatever new charges are racked up by then.

So, if you get onboard and decide to book shore excursions right away, those charges will show up on your onboard account almost immediately...if they are $400 or over your charge card will be charged right away. If you charge nothing until the 29th...then your charge card won't be charged until you hit $400.00 or the cruise is over.

MJ

DCL will first use up any "funny money" that may be on your account--Disney gift cards, onboard credits, etc. They will then start to apply charges toward your credit card. In my experience on the Magic it was billed at $400, on the Wonder it was charged at $200.

Ok I see what you are saying. I will have plenty on the account I was just wondering if the last day or two I would have more if needed. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter