RUMOR: When is Toontown closing?

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
I wasn't sure if it was closed yet or not, or if a date had been released? We have never been to DL and was hoping to go this summer and my kids wanted to see TT since the one at WDW is now closed.

Nothing official has been announced. I can't imagine they'd close it during the 60th anniversary celebration, but that's pure conjecture on my part.

Nothing official has been announced. I can't imagine they'd close it during the 60th anniversary celebration, but that's pure conjecture on my part.
TY! That's good to hear! We are hoping to visit DLR for the 1st time ever this summer and didn't want to miss it, still waiting to get a good price on airfare though.

Have not heard anything on it closing anytime soon.

I wonder what they would put there in its place?

This is a rumor. It will be open this summer. Be sure to ride RR cartoon spin a couple times though! It's one of the most elaborate Dark Rides in the park even if the source material is not as classic as the others in Fantasyland.

Yup, just rumors. I would be really disappointed to lose it to Star Wars! Star Wars can stay in Tomorrowland.
...where it belongs. If it belongs in Disney at all. Toontown is so perfectly, quintessentially Disney, like a legacy to our kinder, gentler childhoods where intergalactical creatures didn't have to melt each other with lasers to have a good time...

Noooo! I hope they don't close Toontown, I really miss the one at WDW. Star Wars could be built around Tomorrowland surrounding what is already there, couldn't it?

Well there were rumors initially that they were going to take out Autopia to build Star Wars attractions. We'll see I guess.

Well there were rumors initially that they were going to take out Autopia to build Star Wars attractions. We'll see I guess.

The original rumor as I heard it was to take out Autopia and the Submarines. That's a lot of real estate between the two. But the source of that rumor has been wrong on several things (like the guest flow corridors for instance).

I did see the Toontown rumor on another site recently. But I think it is just speculation based on the fact that Toontown was expendable in Florida.

The original rumor as I heard it was to take out Autopia and the Submarines. That's a lot of real estate between the two. But the source of that rumor has been wrong on several things (like the guest flow corridors for instance).

I did see the Toontown rumor on another site recently. But I think it is just speculation based on the fact that Toontown was expendable in Florida.

My thought (hope?) has been that with Toontown gone in FL, surely they will want to keep one somewhere?

I highly, highly doubt Disney would close Toontown, especially for a new land (i.e. Star Wars). Besides Toontown's obvious popularity, it also closes early every night that there are fireworks. I can't imagine Disney putting a new land back there, and then closing it early everyday. There is plenty of real estate in Tomorrowland for a Star Wars area. I agree that removing the subs and Autopia would be a good start. I also see that Innoventions is going down for eighteen months at the end of this month. This could be for the rumored Disneyland 60 exhibit, or it could be to gut the building for something new, or possibly demolition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter