1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

when is the line too long for you to join?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by dmdelight, Nov 22, 2012.

1. dmdelight

dmdelight Mouseketeer

on our first visit to wdw, we stood in line for soarin for 90 minutes- sign said 60, but actually took 90 mins!!! :confused3

fast forward several years, and now we don't ride anything, unless the wait is 15minutes,or preferably less! :lmao:

so, if you don't have fastpasses for rides, what's the maximum time you will stand in line, and for what attraction? :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Before FP was introduced, we have spent as much as 3 hours in line for the major new attractions.
    Back then, the choice was waiting in those lines, or simply not riding those attractions.

(The best remedy, then -as it is now- is arriving at the parks very early in the morning and heading to those attractions first.)

4. bauer1168

bauer1168 DIS Veteran

I suppose it depends on what ride it is. I'd happily wait 45 mins for Toy Story. Wouldn't be too keen on waiting for IASW for that long though.
    Anything over 30 mins on a none high profile ride would probably be my limit

5. Suellen

Suellen DIS Veteran

We don't wait more then 15 minutes either.....maybe 20 but that is a max.

6. newlittleminnie

newlittleminnie DIS Veteran

I don't really mind how long a wait is (within reason) as I know I will enjoy the ride, and if I wasn't queuing for that ride I'd just be queuing for a different one lol

Saying that, I don't think we waited more than 45 minutes for a ride in August and that was for TSM. We got lucky and had a lot of walk ons

The only time we left a queue was when they closed splash while we were in the queue and while they said we could stay and wait there was no inclination as to when it would reopen :(

7. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

Same for us... After 40+ trips we've seen and done quite alot and we're early morning risers and get to the parks for rope drop and early magic hours... Get our favorites out of the way.

FP's, hardly use them...we also go during value season and most attractions are walk ons... No touring plans either... We travel in one direction and take attractions as we come to them!

8. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Since moving here in 2004 and having made countless trips, I don't wait in lines longer than 20 minutes now...if I'm alone. If I have family/friends with me, I'll wait however long they want to. I've done everything multiple times so it's not like I'm missing anything.

9. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

After too many trips to count (over 100) we're in the 15-20 minute camp as well. We know we will be back so we don't bother if the line is longer than that. :hourglass

10. Kathi OD

Kathi OD <marquee><font color=blue>The first person to repl

45 minutes is my limit now. When Splash Mountain first opened we did wait close to 3 hours to ride, but that was before FP.

11. dmdelight

dmdelight Mouseketeer

i can't imagine waiting 3hours in a line, happy we weren't there back then. :)

12. kirstenb1

kirstenb1 DIS Veteran

Because of school, we have to go in the summer. I'd say 30, maybe 45 minutes is our max.

13. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Yes, this is us too. 30 - 45 min max for the big rides. For the others, i'd say 20 min. But it depends.

14. rustyanchor

rustyanchor Mouseketeer

Yeah it depends on the ride for me and if it's a queue I really like, such as Everest. But I'd usually say 30 mins is my limit for standby. Sometimes a little more depending on my mood.

15. SnapesGirl

SnapesGirl Mouseketeer

For Disney rides, I'm not willing to wait more than 20 minutes or so. For rides at Universal (especially Forbidden Journey and Simpsons) I'd be fine waiting 60 minutes. Depends on what rides you enjoy the most! :goodvibes

16. rock_doctor

rock_doctor DIS Veteran

20min is my max. If more then that it is just not worth it for me. There are better things i could be doing. Plus the longer the waits that is less rides you can do in a day and with park tickets costing so much... I remember last Christmas people were complaining that they got on 3 rides the whole day. That is like $20 a ride...no way in my book. When waits start pushing 30 or more minutes, that just tells you that they are not doing a good job giving the guests enough alternatives. And imho the Fantasy land expansion is not enough...every park needs a major addition. Not just a ride or attraction but more real estate and things to do to absorb the extra people. They now have 4.3 billion rooms in Disney World (not really but close) but the parks have not changed much from their original overall size.

17. Rememberingthe70s

Rememberingthe70s Old School

15 minutes is my max, if I reeeeeally want to ride something, but I usually go during one of the two quietest weeks of the year. The only thing I remember waiting longer for is Soarin', cause I got caught in a FP drama. LOL

18. biondagirl

biondagirl Mouseketeer

Depends on the ride. 30 minutes is about it. Although, 45 to 60 for Rocking Rollercoaster or TSM or Test Track would be okay for us. I've seen a 90 to 120 minute wait at Peter Pan and that isn't happening!

19. dmdelight

dmdelight Mouseketeer

a fp drama?! do tell.....:goodvibes

20. dawnhaze

dawnhaze DIS Veteran

20 minutes is my max for anything except maybe my favorite roller coasters. This goes for any theme park I visit, not just Disney. I use the "show up early, afternoon break, return for evening" strategy everywhere and it's never failed me yet.

21. Belle83

Belle83 DIS Veteran

It just depends. I was fine waiting 45 minutes for TSM during our last trip (was my first time riding it, I wouldn't wait that long again). I would wait that long for Soarin'. Anything else, 20-ish minutes?

I waited over 2 hours in 1995 for Indiana Jones at Disneyland. It was before FP, and was the first summer it opened, though.