When is the best time to cruise?

TheDisneyTraveler06

<font color=deeppink><b>I</b> am seriously <font c
I have a cruise question: When is the best time to cruise? We don't want to go during hurricane season, and we don't want it to be too hot or too cold. We want to take the 3 night Wonder, and we wanted to see when the experienced cruisers liked to go. Thanks! :confused3

I vote for late April/beginning of May. The weather seems to be nice and crowds low (depending on how Easter falls).

Hi,
we have done 10 DCL cruises so far and our favorite times are the end of Novenber through the month of january. Florida can be cool the first day you board, but the islands are beautiful and usually around 80 with NO humidity so it feels great. All the ports are windy somewhat no matter when you cruise. If you go after thanksgiving through the first 4 or 5 days of january you will have the added bonus of seeing the ship decorated for the holidays. The atrium is awesome. If you go before Christmas you will get a tree lighting ceremony too. Just an extra perk.
Sometimes the water can be alittle cool during those months, but lots of people still go swimming. Just too cool for me. It's strange because 3 of our trips were in december and 2 times the water was warm the 3rd it was cool. So it is just the luck of the draw on that aspect.
Hope this helps you some.
mom x4,grandma x4

I agree with Miss Kelly, end of April or the 1st of May. We have always gotten good prices and had great weather. We leave April 29th again :yay:
Cathy K

Thanks so much for all of you guy's help! This defenitly helps with making our decison! :) We wanted to do it during the summer, so I think the April/May thing would be the best bet! Is it really crowded around that time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter