When is the best time for a deal?

DisGirl819

<font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali
We would like to go on a Disney cruise sailing from Seattle next summer (2012) to Alaska. When is the best time to book? Where is the best place to get the best price? We are military, do they offer military rates? We've never cruised before so any help would be much appreciated. :thumbsup2

We would have to go in June next summer because we are moving from Washington after that and I want to go to Alaska before we move so I'd like to get some pre-planning done now if I can.

The reality is that DCL does not reduce fares to fill ships so typically your best time to book is the first day that rates are available.

This is a foreign concept to many since rates open up 15 - 24 months in advance and the average person can't conceive booking a vacation that far in advance.

There are sometimes last minute discounts for Florida residents, not sure about the military, but the best itineraries rarely offer this discount. Basically if you want a popular cruise you won't get a discount so the bottom line is book as early as possible to get the best price.

And once you book, you are the one in control if you want to keep it or cancel/re-book if the price did magically drop :rotfl: ... up to final payment deadline. If you wait, and wait, and wait ... and the price magically keep going up and up and up, then the 2012 vacation could end up becoming the 2013 vacation unfortunately. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!