When in Rome......Gray Line???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by wrennies, Dec 11, 2009.

1. wrennies

wrennies Mouseketeer

We are looking at doing Rome on our own (Med. Cruise, May 26). After looking over the excursions (and the cost). We want to "see" as much as possible without spending a lot of time at any one place. I have looked at this Gray line. They do transfers from the port and have a "hop-on, hop-off" bus tour of the city. Prices seem great ($240 for tranfers - 5 people in a minivan and $22.00 for a 48 hour bus pass). Plus they offer a 10% discount to AAA members:). Has anyone else looked at this, or used this company before?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Gray Line is a reputable company that offers tours in many major cities.

When we were in Munich, we went on a Gray Line tour to Neuschwanstein Castle. We were pleased with the service and price, and would not hesitate use use Gray Line again.

Woody

4. Travelbee

Travelbee DIS Veteran

We'll on the ship just before you and thought it sounded great. But when I checked out Grayline website, the $294 transfer is for one-way only. Is that your understanding too? I haven't checked out the excursion prices yet so maybe at $500, it's still a steal? How far is the port to Rome?

5. pixie08

pixie08 DIS Veteran

I think the 0/p has 5 people in their party so for $500 that is a good deal imo.

6. NCDISFAM

NCDISFAM Earning My Ears

Or you could walk from the port to the train station and take the train to Rome for 9 euros. It is going to take quite a bit of planning, but we will be doing all Med ports on our own for the Aug 7 11 night. The excursion prices are ridiculous. Who knows, we may actually feel more like a traveler than a tourist...

7. wrennies

wrennies Mouseketeer

I would love to hear some of your ideas. We are looking at doing most of the ports on our own also. The train is definetly a possiblity in Rome . I have heard it is very reliable and inexpensive.