When does tables in wonderland card expire?

Unca_Scrooge

I'm not an Uncle but I am a Scrooge.
When does tables in wonderland card expire?
My wife seems to think if she buys one on Feb 1st, it will be good until the end of March 2014.

Is this right :confused3

I've purchased TiW for the last 3 years and unless they have changed anything they have always expired at the end of the full month a year later. For example, if purchased on February 1st, it would expire March 31st the following year. :)

I've purchased TiW for the last 3 years and unless they have changed anything they have always expired at the end of the full month a year later. For example, if purchased on February 1st, it would expire March 31st the following year. :)

This has been our experience as well.

A year ago, I renewed mine in October 2011and thought it was going to expire October 2012 . Was ready to renew and looked at the back and it expired in November. It is the next full month after you renew. Nice surprise for us!

sorry for a mini hijack

Is TIW worth it? I am thinking of getting it for my upcoming President's week stay. We are a party of 8 and already have a Cindy's breakfast so I know there is good value there, but for sit down meals they add 18%, is that on the original bill or after the 20% TIW discount?

TIA

Here is a working example, using $100.00 as the original bill to make the math show up easily. Note this is for Table Service. At Counter Service there is no gratuity added.

100.00 - Original Menu Amount
*20.00 - Discount
*80.00 - Subtotal
*18.00 - Gratuity Added based on $100
**5.20 - Sales Tax on $80
103.20 - Final amount charged, takes into consideration discount, gratuity and tax.

Without TiW Discount (and still figuring 18% Gratuity)

100.00 - Original Menu Amount
*18.00 - Gratuity
**6.50 - Sales Tax on $100
124.50 - Total

$21.30 - Savings using TiW Card.

(Note - At Victoria and Albert's the added gratuity is 20% instead of 18%.)
* Ignore the asterisks; they are there only so the columns/numbers line up properly.

For the complete list of locations and the rules, go to www.tablesinwonderland.com which is the Official Disney site.

Based on the new pricing, the following is the break-even point for menu pricing (assuming you will routinely give an 18% tip:
AP Holder ($100) is $469.48
Resident or DVC Member (not AP holder) ($125) is $586.85
Both of the above take into consideration that the Sales Tax is also discounted.

But just recently someone got one with a 12 month expiration, not 13, so you cannot be assured of getting the 13 months. And when we got one back in December 2010, it wasn't a full 13 months, either. About 12.5, really.

Personally, I think it's a weirdness depending on what exact day you got it.

And it started off being that way because you bought it before your trip, it's active when it's mailed, and it was ONLY mailed, so they gave the card time to get to you and for you to get to WDW. But I don't think you CAN get it mailed to you anymore, so it's entirely possible they'll do away with that extra bit of time in the future, since it's not needed for transit and travel time.

sorry for a mini hijack

Is TIW worth it? I am thinking of getting it for my upcoming President's week stay. We are a party of 8 and already have a Cindy's breakfast so I know there is good value there, but for sit down meals they add 18%, is that on the original bill or after the 20% TIW discount?

TIA

Keep in mind that they are going to automatically add on 18% gratuity at all table services restaurants anyway since you are a large party (party of 6 & larger is automatic 18% gratuity at all Disney table service, buffet & family-style restaurants.) That will happen whether you're paying cash with no discount card, or even on the dining plans...so you might as well do the Tables in Wonderland...you'll end up paying less in the long run.

And our favorite part of the TIW discount is it counts on everything, including adult beverages you order...if you do a dining plan, there's no guarantee you'll save $$(depends on how & what you usually order) and there's no discount on alcohol, the potential savings on the dining plans applies to food only.

AS for how long the card lasts, I agree with previous poster...don't know how they determine the expiration date. We bought ours around Feb. 2 last year, and the expiration date is February 28 2013. Our annual passes expire Feb 12 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter