When do your kids start school in 2015?

South Jersey, Burlington County and school starts 9/3. Normally they go back after Labor Day but they started earlier this year

For folks on a year-round calendar, is there a longer break where kids go to camp? Or is summer camp not a "thing" anymore? I'm from NY, where we are on the old school calendar with school starting after Labor Day and continuing through June. Summer camp is a big deal around here!

Springfield MO August 13th, graduation is May 6th, regular schools out ~2 weeks later (depends on snow days). Only good thing about going back earlier means we get out earlier too:)

Our state law recently passed that we can't start until August 23. That happens to be a Sunday this year, so we start August 24.

Looks like I'll be pushing my 2016 vacation back to the last week of August :cool1: Seems like the majority goes back around then

For folks on a year-round calendar, is there a longer break where kids go to camp? Or is summer camp not a "thing" anymore? I'm from NY, where we are on the old school calendar with school starting after Labor Day and continuing through June. Summer camp is a big deal around here!

We do get 8 weeks off in summer (basically June and July), but summer camp is not as much of a thing here. DH is from NJ, and I know he went off to camp in the summer. I'm from the midwest, and at most you go off to "sleepaway" camp for a week, maybe two at most. Kids here don't go away for more than that.

Last edited:
My girls start school on Monday, August 3rd (Cobb County, GA). Seems a bit early but it also allows us a week break in Sept to enjoy WDW. :D

Monterey County, California, my daughter will be starting 4th grade on August 25th. She attends private school but most of the public schools in the area follow the same, give or take a day or two.

Northern WI, September 1st. I thought state law for public schools was no school before Sept 1st but I've never actually looked into it. I know September 1st is the age cut off (cause I have an August 28th baby...we held him back though)

Far East Bay area of San Francisco... We have a version of year round school and started this week (7/28)! Sounds crazy, but we'll be enjoying our two week fall break at Disney World this October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter