When do you start packing?

I'm always packing!! I have a backpack in my closet that's nothing but "Disney stuff." Whenever I see something that makes me think "that'd be cool for Disney," I buy it and throw it in. This means I've already packed ponchos, glow sticks, mister fans, etc., and we also always have our travel toiletries bags packed, so those are ready to go, too. I'll do the actual packing on August 16th, as our flight is at 6am on August 17th.... CAN'T WAIT!!! :cool1::cool1:

1 year, 5 months, and 6 days! Seriously, I don't have the suitcase out yet, but I have a box where I also accumulate stuff, some of which went right back in after our Oct. '09 trip.

I had to laugh when I read the part about cleaning the house before you leave, I do the same thing. It drives my DH nuts because I clean the entire house top to bottom and do every bit of laundry(except for pajamas that we wore that night) before we leave. He just doesn't understand why I do all of it because he says "no one will be home so whats the point". I like to come home to a nice clean house and not have to worry about anything when I get home.

This is me too!! I LOVE coming home to a clean house!! Then the only thing to deal with is laundry.

We leave on a Sunday at noon - so Friday will be packing day, and Saturday will be CLEANING DAY! 8 weeks to go!! :banana:

I'm trying so hard to hold off for a couple more days to start packing.... packing for Disney is so much fun to me.

I'm leaving in 9 days, and I wanted to pack 3-4 days before leaving. But I don't think I'm gonna make it........

I start shopping for the travel sized things a few weeks before. The main pack is 2 nights before usually.

We usually go Wednesday to Wednesday...so I get my suitcases out the Saturday before...5 days prior I officially start packing. Doesn't mean I don't start shopping once the trip is booked though.

We started planning months before. Brought the suitcase downstairs a month earlier to start throwing stuff in. That way if I think of something random it has a place to go.

We leave Tuesday , got cases down today, so hopefully will be packed for tomorrow night and leave house 1pm Tues for Dublin airport and overnight stay prior to early morning flight at 6:30am

we get our suitcases out a week before, then we have fun by packing it all the night before we leave for the drive. :P

I dont leave until Dec 2nd and already have things set aside that I have got on clearance etc. I keep a plastic bin to toss things into... I am a HUGE list maker so about a 2 weeks before I leave I will make a list of things that I have and a list of things that I need to get then I will make a list of clothes i want to pack and start to set them aside so I dont wear before I start to put things in my suitcase then about 2 days before i leave i made yet another list of things I still need to pack so I basically go thru my list of things I have list of things i need and list of clothes and make yet another list combining all 3 of those lists... then the night before I go I unpack everything that I've been tossing in cross checking all lists that I have made to make sure nothing got misplaced.... I am horribly OCD and it sounds like a lot of work but I find it relaxing and gets me ubber excited to leave...

I usually bring the suitcases out and put them in the living room about a month before we leave. Everything that we have on the packing list gets put in the suitcase and crossed off the list. I shop for whatever else we need that's still on the list. One week before we go, I take everything out the suitcase and repack. I make sure everything on the list is packed and crossed off. I already have my packing list made and we don't leave until June 2011!:woohoo:

I take the suitcases out a couple of weeks ahead of time, but I don't pack until the day before. I always make a packing list and check to make sure I have everything on the list. As I pack I mark things off my list.

I used to start packing several days before, but I found myself taking things out of the suitcase to use and forgetting to put them back. I accidentally ended up leaving several things at home.

As I pack each suitcase I put it by the door we're going to leave out of to make sure we don't forget it. If we're driving I stack everything we're taking in one place and pack the car all at one time.

For my next trip, I took the day before I'm leaving off of work, so I'll do laundry and pack any last minute things, but I'll likely have my bag packed a couple days before that. I'm planning on buying toiletries that I can just toss out if they're not empty at the end of my trip, so that I don't have to worry about forgetting my toothbrush or something. My laptop will likely be one of the very last things packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter