When do you cash out?

Discussion in 'Disney Rewards Programs' started by Soccer Princess, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Soccer Princess

Soccer Princess DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never

Do you usually cash out for gift cards/DD as soon as you get enough credits or do you hoard them and wait until there is a special redemption deal offered? :) Just wandering how everyone else does it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeyfan1

mickeyfan1 <font color=purple>Come and let me show you my tat

For me it depends on the place I am doing it from. I cashed out at QR for CR points and cashed them out for Disney Dollars. I have cashed out at My Points when they changed a lot odf stuff and I wasn't sure if they were going to stay on line. I haven't got enough at CTTM to cash out, nor do I at SR, although I am less than a dollar away for a DGC. I may wait to cash out there for a wile since there are sometimes good specials, but the rest of the places, I have never seen anything special or reduced points, etc.

4. Wilsonfamily4

Wilsonfamily4 DIS Veteran

I usually do it right away. I think I am a bit nervous that these sites may just go away at any time and I want to get what I have coming. :) I know that is a long shot but I don't want to risk it. I am sooo close at netwinner to cashing out and VERY close at SR. I am not even sure what I will get, as it is too close to our trip now to try Disney money or cards.

5. azgal81

azgal81 <font color=blue>I am such a big fan of color<br><

I usually cash out as soon as I have enough points for $25 in either disney dollars or the gift card. I don't like waiting because the sites could vanish at any time. The only reward site that I have ever rec'd a special cashout for is sunshine rewards and those are usually announced at the beginning of the month.

6. bunnyfoo

bunnyfoo <font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh

I try to wait until I have about $20-$25. I don't really like to wait until my trip before cashing out. I'm always worried that the rewards might not get to me on time or like others have already said - the site might just disappear and not pay.

Speaking of cashing out... has anyone recently received payment from CTTM (Click To The Magic)? I cashed out for $10 DD back in January and the points were moved out of the pending category a couple of months ago but I haven't received anything and Bonnie hasn't been answering my messages either. :confused3 :guilty:

7. foodallergy

foodallergy Mouseketeer

Like the others, I tend to cash out right away unless there's a big point discount for reaching the next level. Too many sites disappear quickly, and you know what they say about a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

8. MichaelsMickey

MichaelsMickey DVC Member

At mypoints I usually cash out when I have enought for a $50.00 gc and use them to buy my sons clothes and things. At QR I wait until I about a month before my trip and cash out. Last year I was able to get a $250 disney gc that way I didn't have all those $25 ones to keep track.

:banana:

9. Alice28

Alice28 DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki

With mypoints I usually cashout right away. For some reason they make me nervous.

With Sunshine I feel more comfortable saving up for awhile, but now that my trip is about at the 3 month mark, and I want my stuff at least 3-4 weeks before we go, I will probably cash out at the $20-25 range. I am hoping to score another $50 by Mid-February with them, and then I'll be set! :thumbsup2 I'm at $16 right now, with a few things pending. Love SR!