When do request rooms/floors?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mb_uh, Feb 24, 2010.

1. mb_uh

mb_uh DIS Veteran

My husband was reading about watching fireworks from WL on 5th/6th floors and wanted to know if we should call now - vacation is in July or when do we ask for this.

Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Call now and add the request for "Magic Kingdom view" to your reservation. Note that this may entail changing your category reservation and result in a higher rate. Also note that requests are never guaranteed.

4. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Just once, I want to see a liar's pants on fire.

Also, many rooms with views of the fireworks overlook
    . . . the loading dock
    . . . the trash area

5. mb_uh

mb_uh DIS Veteran

thanks

6. annichan

annichan There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath

For our honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge last May, I sent a fax with my room requests to WL front desk like six months before our trip. I received a nice e-mail back telling me that I should resend that fax three weeks prior to arrival at the resort as that was the time when she saw our booking.

7. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

There's actually NO need to fax requests, period - and with the widespread advice online and in guidebooks to send faxes, often they simply get tossed in the trash (and so, many times when it appears one's requests were met it's actually just all factors coming together just right).

It's most reasonable and sensible to make any requests at the same time one is making the reservation; or to call at some point between then and a week or so before the trip and have them added to one's reservation.