When do new dates usually get released?

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by wallawallakids, Jan 21, 2013.

1. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

Hello! I was wondering when ABD usually releases the new dates for the following year. I have heard that is the best time to book and we are planning on summer 2014. Thank you!

2. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel

Last year, they released the dates for 2013 in mid-May. Hopefully it will be the same for 2014. Prior to that, they announced the dates in July or August.

Sayhello

3. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

Hmm. Thank you! Guess I will have my fingers crossed for May! :thumbsup2

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. WeLoveABD

WeLoveABD DIS Veteran

I'm bumping this up to see if anyone has heard anything different than May (which is really just speculation at this point). Rumor has it that the long-awaited Magic cruise ship itinerary will be announced tomorrow (Feb 11)--but again, that is based mostly on speculation. I hold firm to the belief that the ABD trips and the cruise trips will continue to have tie-ins, so what is announced for the Magic may be an indicator of possible new trips for ABD.

Whatever happened to the ABD insiders--like the guide who made a guest appearance and then disappeared, or the guy (was it DisneyGuy?--something like that) who seemed to have the inside dope (maybe I should say inside Dopey:lmao:)? (And sometimes the DVC members get a heads up in newsletters). Anyone??

6. stenogoddess

stenogoddess DIS Veteran

All I've heard, and I think it was from the podcast, was that ABD was canceling it's Alaska and Med tie-ins, which is a total bummer in my opinion. I like having someone else take care of me for a change when we travel. :goodvibes

7. sayhello

I haven't heard a thing. I can't imagine them announcing anything this early; May was a stretch for them last year!

I really hope we've seen the last of DisneyGuy, although it's probably unlikely. While he did have some interesting info, it wasn't quite worth having to deal with his attitude! :confused3

But with the switch-up in upper management (I'm really going to miss Josh!) there's really no telling what will happen. I guess we'll find out!

Sayhello

8. WeLoveABD

WeLoveABD DIS Veteran

I heard about Alaska--but not the med ABD tie-in

9. sayhello

As far as I know, it's just the Alaska add-ons that were canceled for this year. I haven't heard anything about them canceling the Med add-ons. They always seemed to sell really well. But who knows!

Sayhello

ETA: OK, this is funny, I just started listening to the Podcast where I left off from yesterday's walk, and Kevin just announced that *both* the Alaska and the Med cruise add-ons were cancelled! So you're right, Lauren. That's really too bad. I sort of understand about the Alaska one; it was over-priced for a cruise with only 3 ports. But it was *totally* worth it for a 12-night Med cruise. I'm really, really glad I did it while I could. Ah, well. Hopefully they'll try something else new.

Are ABD & DCL still under the same umbrella after the management shake-up? I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

10. WeLoveABD

WeLoveABD DIS Veteran

They still have the add-ons for the med on the web site--it is too bad; it was a nice blend of ABD and the DCL. I haven't heard of any change to the structure at Disney--but I don't have any inside sources. This is why I read the disboards!

11. WildernessMickey

WildernessMickey Mouseketeer

I have a med ABD add on booked. They have not cancelled it yet so I think the ABD med add ons are still available. I checked on it last week and it was still active then.

12. sayhello

Well, that's good to hear! I hadn't heard of anyone whose Med add-on was cancelled. I sure hope it stays that way!

Are you doing the during-the-cruise add-on, or one of the pre-cruise add-ons?

Sayhello

13. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

ABD canceled the Madrid add ons for the Med cruises. They did not cancel everything.

I am told that dates will be released in mid to late May.

14. YxlsMom

YxlsMom Earned My Ears

I had to call ABD a couple of weeks ago. While I was talking to the vacationista, she said that the new trips will be released in 4 weeks.

That was on 19 April, so I would expect them to release the new trips on 17 May--that is, if her "4 weeks" was literal. :)