When Do I Have to Tell DH Where He is Going?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by lucyem, Jan 13, 2013.

1. lucyem

lucyem DIS Veteran

We have a cruise in April. I am driving and DH is flying. I decided to surprise DH with a night at AKL before we leave. He will fly down & get ME to the hotel.

Does he have to know what hotel he is going to before he gets to the ME desk? Does he need any paperwork for it? Or just an ID?

I was thinking it would be fun to have him call when he lands and then tell him to go to ME.

What do you think?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

Will you be taking all of the luggage? If not he'll end up seeing the yellow DME luggage tag with the resort name on it.

He will need ME paperwork- he would know when getting in line which resort he was going to. Could you seal it in an envelope with some mickey confetti and pack it in his carry on? Then when he lands tell him to open it?

If you want to draw the suspense out a bit longer, you could probably find a towncar to deliver him from the airport to AKL for roughly $85 with tip, if that's in your budget.

4. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

You are asked which resort when you walk up to the DME entry area and you hand them your voucher, they need to know which bus to put you on. The bus driver will also ask once you are on the bus to double check.
    Hubbie needs to put the yellow tags on his luggage so it's delivered to the resort and he doesn't have to collect it himself, and the tags have your resort name printed on them.
    Most important, each DME bus stops at several resorts (we once stopped at 7 before finally reaching AKL) and hubbie would need to know when to get off, how would he know to get off the bus at AKL and not say, Allstars, unless he knew where he was going?

5. lucyem

lucyem DIS Veteran

He would not have luggage tags since driving i will have all luggage.

Hmmm now that i think about it we have not had paperwork for ME in years that i am aware of. I always call the week before for him. No time to send anything to us. I asked dh last night when he got home and he said he gets handed paperwork at the ME counter.

Ok so he will need to know at the counter. Ok can do ::yes::