When did you start playing VMK & How did you hear about VMK?

i learned about it in april, or may. I actually learned about it when, i think, marypops! posted that it was open on teen boards

i just found out i became a community leader on sept 19 2005:)

I was bored,so I went on the Disneyland site,then POOF! There comes some message about a new game(this was in May) so saw video,now I am hooked! :thumbsup2

I learned about it from a CM on the LaughingPlace site. Joined in late May and have been addicted ever since. :rotfl2:

My best friends are now here.

I really don't remember that much about it, but I remember planning for my first WDW trip during that time. This is the story I remember:

I went on Disney.com, and clicked on disney destinations... blah blah blah, and finally ended up in WDW area of it. I was checking out the rides mentioned, and I saw a sign that said VMK (This was during beta vase). I went to the site, and left, thinking it was not the best game idea on earth.

2 months later:
Just before my monthly trip to disneyland, I remembered something called VKM or something, and I looked it up on google, and it said "Did you mean...". I ended up on that site, and made an account (still during beta vase). It wouldn't load for some reason (now I know that VMK is the slowest thing the first time it loads) so I just quit.
When we were in Tomorrowland, I had the sudden urge to go into innoventions. Normally, I never go in there. We were waiting in line, while I was sipping my frozen lemonade drink ( I recommend those :thumbsup2 ), and there were people behind saying,"Boy, am I excited to get those black mikcey ears. I was so confused. He had no mickey ears on, and there is no way of getting them in innoventions. We entered the spinning building, and saw something about sports. yawn. We left that spinning part of the building, and we saw mushroom seats, that were in front of computers. I go sit on one, and VMK is what I see. I left to go see upstairs, and when we came down, we saw cactus chairs in front of computers. That really got me. I went on the computer, and loaded my account. IT STILL WOULDN'T LOAD! Out of anger, I left, and I still regret that.
2 months later, it was the week before my WDW trip. I remembered that game and loaded my account, and waited, and it FINALLY worked. I saw things that said quest, and I was so confused. I searched up VMK on google, and Mal's Player's Guide shows up. That guide made my trip worth it. About a month later, I joined Dis. It was the best thing that ever happened to me...

Ok, the 20th best...

i was uh..... *ahem reading nickoloden *cough* and it there was a ad on it for the kelloggs pirate codes so i uh.. checked it out and now... :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I heard rumors of a so-called Virtual Magic Kingdom over a year ago at LaughingPlace, then finally got word of it being in beta stages around late May and have been playing ever since.

Back then I anticipated having a whole Laughing Place community thing going on in VMK (much like the DIS one), but for some reason nobody there was ever that enthusiastic over VMK. :confused3 Except for me and Coriander. And we're both here now. :cheer2:

I joined VMK around July/August time I think. I found a link to it on the Walt Disney World site. I then found Dis and joined :goodvibes

I too learned about it from a CM on laughing place! I had dial up at the time
( early May). Kept checking the site to see if was opened. When it finally opened I signed up but could not play :(. I tried several more times after that only to get frozen in various places in the kingdom! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: It wasn't until the beginning of July that I really started to "play". I mostly wondered around by myself till coriander/ chedsto introduced me to this lovely community! I am very thankful that she was my very first VMK friend and that I have become a part of this community because of that! :thumbsup2

But to this day I still laugh at myself for never checking the stores and knowing about clicking on the cash registers during beta! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: Thank you coriander for the trade! Yes, I still remember to this day it was you who traded me my only submarine pin! :teeth:

We found out about it on Main Street at the real Magic Kingdom at WDW. I have been a member here on DIS since 1999 and never saw this board! We were walking down Main Street during our Sept trip and I saw the poster for it displayed outside one of the buildings. I mentioned to my son Stitchcreator that when we get home we should try it (he was playing runsescape and I was not thrilled with it). Well when we got home we checked it out and he started playing non stop. I cancelled runsescape (yay!) and he became obsessed. After watching him for awhile I joined and so did Gum. We could kick ourselves for not checking it out while at WDW. We missed out on ALL the quest stuff!! Now Stitch hardly EVER plays and Gum and I are the obsessed ones!

My husband is a big Disney Freak- been so since I met him lol

He lurked on DIS for quite some time and actually heard about VMK during BETA and mentioned it to me- but he never tried it out- saying he didn't want to deal with it while working out the bugs lol But he did start buying lots of Kellog Cereals over that summer

He started playing in Late July/ Early August- and quickly became hooked- pulling our youngest daughter into the game as well lol- Anyway he spent so much time on the game- that I had to check it out

Started off by helping dd earn enough credits to buy the pink dress on its original release- so I'd sit there and Ned for her (before I knew there was such a thing) to get her the credits- We used to have paper with tally marks that we'd mark off how many times she'd have to visit ned to earn something and she'd pick and choose what to buy based on that

Well after a while I decided I needed my own character so in late August/Early September I started playing- and with my own trend of obsessions I started googling for more information about the games and found that DIS had its own VMK forum- which dh knew of course but hadn't really frequented much lol

and the rest is history- been on vmk and getting more and more involved here on DIS to where you can pretty much rest assured that if I get a pm during the work day- I'll get it within an hour of it being sent lol Yeah I spend way too much time involved in this game- but it is great

DH still lurks here- We created an account for DS so that when he could play on his own he would have some stuff- and now he sits on our laps and directs our characters around- he loves to play music mixes and really has gotten into watching his dad play pirates or me play fireworks- and so if you are ever playing fw with me and my score goes from pretty good to fair- you can bet that chances are during a round I had to pull a 19 month old on my lap lol

My friend, Decoy, took the free tour at Disneyland, I asked how in the world could you get anything free from Disney. :confused3 He told me all about the game. So I signed up and became obsessed with finding Hidden Mickeys (still my favorite part of VMK) until I earned the tour myself. I was lucky enough to take the tour at Disneyland and then at WDW last September. :thumbsup2 Now I am hooked. :teeth:

I found VMK because my little sister was playing neopets one day and I was overlooking one of the games she was playing, and I saw this game about VMK. So I decided to try it out, and since then I've been playin it non-stop!

Although, sometimes I get in trouble for exceeding my computer time on the game and I get grounded for a week from the computer! That includes VMK!! :lmao:

My husband does pirate reenactment in real life. One day last July I was looking up some pirate things on the web for him and found a site had an add that said "Play Dinsey's Pirates of the Carabeen Game" and I followed the link to play the game and it was VMK. I've played a few yahoo games online before but am not generally very good at them. I've never played anything like VMK before.

I found DIS because every time I logged in VMK it would ask me if I had code to put in the game for prizes, which of course I did not have any. So one day I just went out searching on the web for "VMK Secret Codes" and found a couple of sites that day but I liked the DIS the best. Everyone was so nice and people were talking the kind of things I was interested in the game but had no one to ask.

Dianne

A search for a good game on google on August 8th. Created my other account (one I use primary now) the 16th of August.

cegirl said:
My friend, Decoy, took the free tour at Disneyland, I asked how in the world could you get anything free from Disney. :confused3 He told me all about the game. So I signed up and became obsessed with finding Hidden Mickeys (still my favorite part of VMK) until I earned the tour myself. I was lucky enough to take the tour at Disneyland and then at WDW last September. :thumbsup2 Now I am hooked. :teeth:

And here I was trying to figure out how to blame cegirl for my VMK addiction. :rotfl:

I was doing a search for disney vacation info and was on the disney site. I found a link and tried. That was about a month ago and I have been addicted ever since! Now my kids and their friends are all addicted! LOL! :sunny: :crazy:

I did a search for codes and found this board! I love it and all of the dis people! :woohoo:

Started playing in January and heard about it from people at school, LOL never thought I'd play it as much as I do..lol

I was babysitting 6 kiddos for New Years eve/New Years day. And 3 of them all plopped down with laptops and started playing VMK. It looked cute, so I tried it when I got home the next day... I'm hooked. :) I should write them a thank you card. lol.

I found out about VMK beore this foruum existed. We was cluttering the main theme park board :-) with VMK talk so someone asked can we have our own forum so we dont get lost and it happened.

I started VMK basically the first week or so after it was open to the public. It was open to a select few to test out before they opened to the public. Ive been on DIS since 1998

I have been on the DIS since 2000. On the DVC Board people were talking about it, so immediately I signed up in May of 2005. Glad I did, because we took our vacation in June, was able to go on the Tour get our quest cards (Haunted Mansion included). :thumbsup2

I have been an "add duck" ever since. Where I can I be in Disney everyday and hang out with such great people. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter