When can you book with Disney?

thumpersfriend

DIS Veteran
If we didn not rent points, my next question: I read on allears that the villas are available based on availability from Disney. I am reading about the 7 month window etc. When can you be guaranteed a villa is you reserve with Disney? Is it just like any other room that can be booked way ahead. Thanks. Also are there months that a villa would be more available to Disney? Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by thumpersfriend
If we didn not rent points, my next question: I read on allears that the villas are available based on availability from Disney. I am reading about the 7 month window etc. When can you be guaranteed a villa is you reserve with Disney? Is it just like any other room that can be booked way ahead. Thanks. Also are there months that a villa would be more available to Disney? Thanks for any help.

There is no set time that you can be guaranteed a villa will be available to rent from Disney for cash. Sometimes, CRO/WDWTC has them quite a bit ahead of time - as far as I know, though, they are never available for cash from Disney more than 11 months ahead of time. You should call CRO/WDWTC and ask as you never know!

Most of the rooms available for cash via CRO/WDWTC come from members who use their points for one of the non-DVC options. DVC sends the equivalent number of rooms to CRO/WDWTC to get cash to pay for the non-DVC option. So availability does depend o how many members choose DCL cruises or one of the other non-DVC resort options. It also depends on which rooms/dates and resort DVC opts to send to CRO/WDWTC. No one here really knows how DVC determines that.

Sometimes, you will find availability 60 days or less ahead of arrival. If rooms are not reserved for points by then, DVC often allows CRO/WDWTC to offer them to the general public. At that time, members are competing with the general public for the remaining rooms.

Bottom line - call CRO/WDWTC early and often if you want to rent for cash. You never know when (or if) the resort, the room size and dates you prefer will be available. Sometimes, DVC villas are discounted, but you can't count on that either.

Good luck!

P.S. In case I didn't really understand your question, once you get a villa reservation from CRO/WDWTC, it's yours unless you cancel the reservation. DVC can't "take it back". That's probably not what you meant, but when I re-read your question, I wasn't sure, LOL.

To be honest with you, the closer to your date the better as to availability for villas. The villas are locked up for DVC members until 60 days in advance, in which time, they can be sold as cash ressies if there is any availibility left. Now, as a DVC member trades out their points to use for a non-DVC hotel (II trades not included) then those points are "sold" to WDW to rent those rooms out for cash. At any particular time, there is a minimum of 3% of the rooms available for cash, but at the smaller resorts that's basically one or two rooms. Believe it or not, probably one of the best times is summer. It is one of the most expensive point wise for DVC, hence less popularity with members. I suggest you start calling (if want to pay cash and not rent) around 6 months out. Be prepared to hear that there isn't a lot of availability and to continue calling to find availability.

Thanks alot, it just seems like more is available they way they advertise. Probably would be better to rent points then you should know 11 months out, right?

Yes, renting would give you the knowledge that you have your reservation all locked up 11 months in advance. Just remember renting points, you don't get daily housekeeping, you are gong to get the DVC schedule, trash and towel on the 4th day, and don't get a full housekeeping unless staying 8 days or more. You can add these services if you like for a fee, it is determined by the size of unit. Also, renting is a FINAL transaction. Most members make renting points non-refundable, though most (I know I would) would work with you if you needed to change dates due to unforseen circumstances. Since this is a private transaction the usual WDW cancelation guildelines don't apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter