When can I borrow??

When I first became a member, the easiest way for me to figure it out was to first, know what UY I wanted to travel. Once I knew that, then I knew I could book, 11 months in advance of check in, and pay for the trip using banked points from the UY prior to travel, points from the UY of travel, and borrow points from the UY after travel.

Hi all....I have a question on borrowing as well. I have a April use year. I am trying to book a trip to Aulani for Jan 2016. I already went on a trip this May for two weeks and I have another trip booked for September of this year. When I was booking our trip to Aulani, I was going to be using all the rest of my 2016 pts and would need to borrow 26 points from 2017. I started booking my trip but I was unable to book all the days. It allowed me to book all but two nights with 12 points remaining of 2016. Why am I not being offered my 2017 points to borrow from since my trip will be in 2016? I'm so confused at this point. Thanks for any clarification you can provide. If I cant borrow from 2017 I'm in trouble.

Wait I think I figured it out....please let me know if this is how it works/worked
2014 pts good for travel 4/1/14-3/31/15
2015 pts good for travel 4/1/15-3/31/16
2016 pts good for travel 4/1/16-3/31/17
2017 pts good for travel 4/1/17-3/31/18

So if I'm correct I won't be able to use my 2017 pts because you can only borrow from one year ahead and that one year ahead would have been my 2016 pts.

We can purchase one time points right? I thought I read that somewhere before. Do you know how many you can purchase as I need 26 and any idea how much they are a point?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all....I have a question on borrowing as well. I have a April use year. I am trying to book a trip to Aulani for Jan 2016. I already went on a trip this May for two weeks and I have another trip booked for September of this year. When I was booking our trip to Aulani, I was going to be using all the rest of my 2016 pts and would need to borrow 26 points from 2017. I started booking my trip but I was unable to book all the days. It allowed me to book all but two nights with 12 points remaining of 2016. Why am I not being offered my 2017 points to borrow from since my trip will be in 2016? I'm so confused at this point. Thanks for any clarification you can provide. If I cant borrow from 2017 I'm in trouble.

Wait I think I figured it out....please let me know if this is how it works/worked
2014 pts good for travel 4/1/14-3/31/15
2015 pts good for travel 4/1/15-3/31/16
2016 pts good for travel 4/1/16-3/31/17
2017 pts good for travel 4/1/17-3/31/18

So if I'm correct I won't be able to use my 2017 pts because you can only borrow from one year ahead and that one year ahead would have been my 2016 pts.

We can purchase one time points right? I thought I read that somewhere before. Do you know how many you can purchase as I need 26 and any idea how much they are a point?

Thanks
You've got it figured out. But you can only purchase 24 one time use points.

Do you know how many you can purchase as I need 26 and any idea how much they are a point?

You may need to look for a small transfer from another member...which might be hard to find. (but one time use points are $15 per pt from Disney if you need them to fill in the gap.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter