When are new iteneraries posted? Looking to book for 2011

waytovietnam

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone knew when DCL posts their iteneraries... I want to plan a 2011 family cruise (waiting for a Dear Niece to be 3 years old)... I would love to get one of those 5-night "double-dip" trips to Castaway Cay, and wondering when I could expect to see 2011 iteneraries posted.

Anyone have any insight?

We are told ''November'' thats consistent with the on board ressie staff on the Ships.-As Lisa correctly posts, and there isnt any more detail on that if its early/mid/late.

2011 will be far more complicated for them to issue, as there is a new ship coming into service, and the Wonder moving home to LA.

They will have to track how quickly the Dreams is being built and confirm that it can come into service, we are way off that at this time.

I've already put myself on a waitlist for the Wonder's PC cruise in 2011. If that's what you are looking for, I recommend contacting a TA or DCL.

I can't wait to see what the Dream and Fantasy look like!

I've already put myself on a waitlist for the Wonder's PC cruise in 2011. If that's what you are looking for, I recommend contacting a TA or DCL.

I can't wait to see what the Dream and Fantasy look like!

Before you contact,

Be specific on dates and cruise you want.
They only accept for Suites Cat 1>3

Actually, with the current economy they seem to have changed their policy as some people have received confirmation for the Wonder's PC transit for secret verandah staterooms. At this point I don't see DCL turning away any resie.

Actually, with the current economy they seem to have changed their policy as some people have received confirmation for the Wonder's PC transit for secret verandah staterooms. At this point I don't see DCL turning away any resie.

Interesting......

Before you contact,

Be specific on dates and cruise you want.
They only accept for Suites Cat 1>3

DU confirmed that I'm on a list for any category that they are keeping, but said that inventory control won't waitlist for other categories. This is strictly a list held by Dreams.

DCL won't let you waitlist, but many TAs are keeping lists and will attempt to get these bookings for you as soon as they become available. Unless you like to sit on hold, this is a great way to go--a TA can nail many reservations in one phone call, you'll get an OBC from the TA as well as any you may qualify for from DCL, and you don't have to wait breathlessly hoping that you'll get thru. The TAs have phone numbers that we don't have.

Apparently that is not the case anymore. The rules with IC changed back in January 2007 when the PC repos for 2008 created a huge backlog and DCL stopped taking requests only for cats 1 through 3. Since DCL seems like it is getting desperate for people to cruise calling anyone with a booking they made onboard earlier this year to let them know that 2010 cruises were ready if they were going to transfer their resie, the kids 50%, kids free & BB $99 offers it looks like they have returned to taking waitlists requests for any and all categories. Here are the two recent threads where DISers have received confirmation postcards from IC for a category 6 and a secret verandah room on 2011 cruises.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2137374&highlight=secret+veranda

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2142963

Wow. That's scarey timing for me. :scared: We'll be on our first cruise mid November. Any one wanna bet I won't be able to resist rebooking before we walk off? :goodvibes If what a friend who's been on many DCL cruises says is true, "If you like being pampered, then a DCL cruise is for you" then I'll be elbowing everyone out of the way to rebook!:thumbsup2 We were upgraded to a huge concierge room at the GF once (I thought it was a mistake so I never said anything in case they took it away :laughing: ) But now I see through their skeem! they hook you into the concierge life by "accidentally" on pourpose putting you in one of those rooms. We've enjoyed one ever since. Dang it. Cha-ching! I must admit, pampering (not the kind I do to my toddler daily :rotfl: ) is a huge love of mine! Wish I could afford it more.

Apparently that is not the case anymore. The rules with IC changed back in January 2007 when the PC repos for 2008 created a huge backlog and DCL stopped taking requests only for cats 1 through 3. Since DCL seems like it is getting desperate for people to cruise calling anyone with a booking they made onboard earlier this year to let them know that 2010 cruises were ready if they were going to transfer their resie, the kids 50%, kids free & BB $99 offers it looks like they have returned to taking waitlists requests for any and all categories. Here are the two recent threads where DISers have received confirmation postcards from IC for a category 6 and a secret verandah room on 2011 cruises.

Lisa, do you think this would be for the MV cruises as well?

MJ

I am sorry but I am drawing a blank for MV. :) Did you mean the Mexican Riviera cruises??? If they are taking them for a PC repo when they don't know when it will by I don't see why they wouldn't take them for a 7 day cruise once the Wonder is out west. ????

I am sorry but I am drawing a blank for MV. :) Did you mean the Mexican Riviera cruises??? If they are taking them for a PC repo when they don't know when it will by I don't see why they wouldn't take them for a 7 day cruise once the Wonder is out west. ????

Maiden voyage on new ships

They should keep To one consistent policy to avoid upset and confusion, I think firstly a few people are confusing TA wait-lists with IC wait-lists.

In view of the problems with Panama, I thought the policy was amended and was strict for Cat1>3, I can understand in part the Secret Porthole rooms as they are popular and limited.

I know that for the 2010 release lots of people 'thought' they had acknowledgment from IC on cruises but were never contacted by IC, A potential reason was the dates were not specific and covered a general period of time. However in turn if you only have speculation to go on you cannot be specific on dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter