Wheelchairs at SciFi

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by OrthoDad, Apr 21, 2013.

1. OrthoDad

OrthoDad Mouseketeer

Hopefully, someone out there can give me some advice. I've got 4 kids who love the Sci-Fi DineIn, but now my older son has gotten so big that it's really hard for him to eat comfortably out of his wheelchair.

I know they have the tables in the back of the "drive in" area, but one of the things my family loves the most is sitting in the cars.

Is there anyway they could let us pull his chair up next to the car, and let him eat there? I would understand if the aisles would be too narrow, but if not, that would work for us.

I just don't want to plan our trip around a lunch that won't really work for us.

Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. snarlingcoyote

snarlingcoyote <font color=blue>I know people who live in really

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that the last row of some of the cars are designed specifically to be wheelchair accessible.

ETA: If you go on Tripadvisor, one of the pictures of Sci Fi clearly shows a car that has chairs built into it, so that should be wheelchair accessible. Hopefully someone on the boards will have more experience with it than this, but check it out.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...s-Sci_Fi_Dine_In_Theater-Orlando_Florida.htmlhttp://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34515-d491910-Reviews-Sci_Fi_Dine_In_Theater-Orlando_Florida.html

4. zaksmom

zaksmom Mouseketeer

Eaten there several times. They have tables that, instead of a front seat and a back seat are the front and back of the car with a regular table inbetween. Wheelchair seating is fine, but the tables are limited. Don't know if they hold them for wheelchairs. You are not facing the movie screen, but it was still easy to watch.
    Have fun.

5. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

They allowed me to park my son's stroller next to the car.

6. geek+nerd

geek+nerd DIS Veteran

When you make your ADR, just note that wheelchair accessibility is needed. There is a spot to do that on the ADR form. I don't usually do it because I can transfer but if your son needs to stay in his chair and you have the wheelchair accessibility checked on your ADR, I am sure you will be placed at an accessible table.

If you already made your ADR, just call dining and ask them to add it to the reservation.

7. OrthoDad

OrthoDad Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. I did see the pictures of the "sideways" car, and that will work perfectly. And, we did put the wheelchair on the ADR.