Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by SueM in MN, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Nanajo1

Nanajo1 DIS Veteran

I have stayed at AKL Kidani in a roll in shower H/A 1Br Savannah view 3 times. The rooms were all located off the hallway behind the check in desk., beyond the elevators. I scoped out the other hallway and did not see any H/A double peep holes. My rooms were on different floors but in the same area.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

I have seen the King +1 Double listed and doubted the accuracy as I could not see how thy could fit them in the room. I normally book a king HA with the tub option and the King only has a daybed or pullout chair

Thanks for the video! :thumbsup2

4. Janet Shearer

Janet Shearer Earning My Ears

Thanks for all your help. My brother in law will be using a wheel chair, however, it has an electronic attachable device. The most important thing will probably be the savannah view as it is his first visit. Really appreciate all the advice.
    Janet:):)

5. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

Thanks for the nice comments on the Sports room video! Here's a video of our HA room in the Lion King section at Art of Animation.

We had a roll-in shower. These rooms have a slightly different configuration from the standard rooms in that the living room is the first room when you open the door from the hallway with the standard bathroom on the left, the dining area and table-bed are straight ahead, and then the bedroom and HA bath are to the right.

This one's a public video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7a8y65HFs

I didn't get the living area or the standard bath in the video, so here are photos:

[​IMG]

The kitchenette is not really HA:
    [​IMG]

Standard Bath:
    [​IMG]

Queen bed in Master - I didn't measure it, but it looks lower? Don't quote me on that one.
    [​IMG]

So cute!
    [​IMG]

The roll-in shower:
    [​IMG]

6. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

I will be renting a ECV, staying at POFQ, family of 4. Roll in shower not needed, is it nessasary to have a handicap accessible room? Thanks for any info.:artist:

7. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

No.
    The room doors are the same size, so you will still be able to get in.
    The rooms with roll in showers are the same size, but are arranged differently. In order to make room for the roll in shower, the bedroom part of the room is smaller and the bathroom is larger.

8. dad0982

dad0982 Earning My Ears

we are going at the end of december and staying at CBR . we booked waterview with a roll in shower and with a king and a double. does any have any experience with room type or locations. thanks

9. DisneyMom11121213

DisneyMom11121213 Earning My Ears

Hi! My grandmother is joining us for short weekend vacation to Disney. We are staying at the Disney Animal Kingdom lodge Arusha view 1 king bed and 1 queen pull-out. After looking at some pictures I am having second thoughts about our room choice. We normally rent a scooter from an off-site company and it will be in the room. Will it fit through the door of the room and be able to charge somewhere out of the way where we can be comfortable?

10. Pattipoo333

Pattipoo333 Earning My Ears

Just bought BCV. Can I get a hoyer lift under the king bed in 1bedroom suite?:beach:

11. zaksmom

zaksmom Mouseketeer

Tried to search this first. :-)
    We have always booked a room and requested a lowered bed. Using the online booking system it seems that every room that fits our needs is booked, but I'll keep trying.
    Are the rooms with lowered beds only a fixed number of rooms? Or can a bed be lowered once it is booked?
    Thanks in advance.

12. camoline

camoline Earning My Ears

13. pampam

pampam DIS Veteran

Sorry, i can't answer your question, but :welcome:

14. Original Amber

Original Amber Earning My Ears

Does anyone have any info about AoA accessible Lion King suites? I'm renting a scooter and :eeyore: uses a manual chair. Her limited mobility requires a roll-in shower. I won't use the scooter in the room.

15. BelleBeautyandtheBeast

BelleBeautyandtheBeast <font color=red>Disney Dreamer<br><font color=blue

16. Original Amber

17. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Clarification...the Lion King section at AoA is all suites, so yes the first link mentions "HA room" in the post but it is a suite. The Cars section and Finding Nemo section are also all suites. The only non-suite rooms at AoA are Little Mermaid.

Enjoy your vacation!

18. Original Amber

Mea culpa, I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

19. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

We are booked into a roll in shower room at POFQ in April, so I will do a video of that room. Have never had a HA room there, looking forward to seeing the layout. Hubby and I did get a King bed room at Riverside once which was also a roll in shower room. It was very nice, on the corner so it had two windows, which I liked.