wheel chairs in the world?

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by Ballard67, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Ballard67

Ballard67 Dreaming of WDW

So we will be bringing a wheel chair on our Oct trip for my DS and his DGF. She has assume and he has a really bad back that can cause prolong spasm. So not ever having to rent one how is it going on to planes?, do i need to arrange anything with the airlines?. Pop century,do i need to make any special request or even let them know??. Park etiquette?,what are the do's and don't with using a wheel chair at the park?. The other concern i have Is my DS and his DGF are no disable, they just can not stand or walk for very long, they will be sharing the wheel chair,is there any rules we are breaking by using the wheel chairs?. Any helpful suggestons would be great

2. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

They wouldn't be breaking any rule by sharing a wheelchair.

Check your airline's website for information about the airport (most airlines only need to know on advance if the passenger will need assistance, but a few want to know everything). Also check the TSA site for information on passengers with medical equipment.

Also see the FAQ on this board; it should answer all your other questions.

3. LisaBi

LisaBi DIS Veteran

No need to let the resort know unless you need an accessible room.

4. Ballard67

Ballard67 Dreaming of WDW

ok i will keep that in mind, i just thought i would have to say something. We are going to be renting a car and not takeing the buses around that much,whats the proper procedure when borading the bus, get off and fold it up or wheel the person on?. Like I said my DS is not disable and we are just useing the wheel chair at the parks, so we could just as easly fold it up?