What's your Ideal First Day or Tradition?

BooScout said:
I didn't think I had a tradition until I thought back over the last several trips.

My tradition actually starts at the airport in Philly. The first time I went to Disney was in 1991 during Spring Break when I was in high school - for Disney Magic Music Days. I bought a pair of ears with my name embroidered on the back. I wear them to the airport every time we go. I get some strange looks, but most people smile.

Just HAD to make this my first post. I noticed that you were at Disney in 91 for Magic Music Days. I was there earlier that year (also my senior year) in December for MMD!! We were there right after Christmas....there is NOTHING like marching down Main St. at Christmas!! It was so amazing that I knew I had to take me kids there to see it. We are FINALLY headed there this Christmas season.

We head to Downtown Disney and have lunch at Wolfgang Puck's(love the chicken!). Then we head over to buy and trade pins!

:cloud9: We usually check in and head directly to the Magic Kingdom. Seeing the castle makes us feel the real disney magic. We spend some time at the park and then head back to the hotel to get ready to go to dinner at the California Grille. We usually make reservations around 8:30 so we can stay and see the fireworks from the viewing deck. :cloud9:

We have settled in going to DTD our first day in Orlando and taking in the LEGO store. After building the cars from LEGO and racing each other we shop the stores and pic a place to eat that we dont have to wait long. We then head over to the suvinior store and check out what we might want to take home with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter