What's your favorite village to stay in ar CBR?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cajunprincess, Apr 24, 2013.

1. cajunprincess

cajunprincess DIS Veteran

Which village do you prefer at CBR and why? Thanks!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ColoradoMickeyFan

ColoradoMickeyFan Earning My Ears

If you are not staying preferred or in a pirate room, both Aruba and Jamaica are wonderful! Both are right across the bridge from Old Port Royale (dining and main pool). It's an easy 5 min walk that is beautiful! Also, the bus routes usually pick up Jamaica first, Aruba second and then make the loop around the rest of the resort. On the way back from the parks Jamaica is usually the first place to drop off, Aruba second. Finally, it's very peaceful being a bit away from OPR. Hope that helps

4. luvpalmtrees

luvpalmtrees Mouseketeer

Jamaica!!!!!!!! Hoping to get it in July for the 5th time!!!!!

5. crzyeeyoreangel

crzyeeyoreangel Mouseketeer

Is king sized beds considered a preferred room?

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

No. Preferred rooms are the closest to OPR and the main pool. There are king rooms all over the resort except the Pirate Rooms.

7. crzyeeyoreangel

Thank you! I wasn't sure. I was going to ask for king room. Since my DS thinks be needs to sleep between me and the DH most of the time.

8. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Jamaica is our favorite. Love the yellow color and it's a very short stroll across the bridge to OPR.

9. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

We will always pay for preferred at CBR and request Martinique 25.

10. kellyg403

kellyg403 <font color=green>She changes friends like she cha

We always request Aruba and close to the bus stop. The location is right across the street from the main area (I can't think of the name for some reason). It is a longer walk to the dining area and main pool, but it does have a quiet pool.

So if you don't want to go with a preferred room I definitely recommend Aruba!

K

11. Ariel on Land

Ariel on Land DIS Veteran

We've been in Barbados and Jamaica. Definitely preferred Jamaica. The buildings are just prettier and the walk to OPR was MUCH better!!!!

12. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Jamaica! Close to bridge, and 1st to be picked up on bus.

13. cajunprincess

cajunprincess DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help everyone!! I didn't want to pay for preferred so I'm going to request and hope for Jamaica!! :thumbsup2

14. beachta1

beachta1 Mouseketeer

I liked Aruba! Close to the bus and a short walk to the OPR if we needed it.

15. Joan1

Joan1 DIS Veteran

if you are more than two with the child being age 3 and older you cannot book a king bed room as those are set aside only for two people and one child age 2 and younger in a pack and play. I don't know if you can ask for a king bed room when you arrive but wanted to let you know the reservation system will not allow you to book it if your child is age 3 and older

16. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

We've stayed in Jamaica and Martinique several times, Aruba once and Barbados once. I don't know that I really had a favorite among the villages but, if I had to choose just one, I'd say Jamaica.

17. crzyeeyoreangel

My son will be 23 months old. We plan on asking for king size room and a pack n play. But I have feeling he will end up in the bed with us ;)

18. Linda T.

Linda T. DIS Veteran

Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51