What's your favorite thing to do in "The World?"

Disney Padawan

Imagining Imagineering. RCT3 Coaster Designe
It could be anything! From walking down Main Street, to screaming from the first drop of Expedition Everest, taking a bite out of a Tonga toast or walking barefoot on the sandy beaches of Bay Lake. The possibilities could be endless, I'll start with mine.

My favorite thing to do is to ride the ferry to the Magic Kingdom.

Once I've stepped aboard and we've taken off, and I could see the castle slowly getting closer, I briefly close my eyes, take a deep breath, and know that I've arrived.

That's the moment I feel the happiest, when I leave it all behind and know that I am home.

Pretty basic for us too-first thing we do is ride the Railroad, then stroll down main St. Great feeling!
Our favorite first thing used to be breakfast at Tony's--but they took THAT away from us a few years ago.

Spend time with my family!!!!! Sad, I know, but WDW makes it so easy to enjoy each other.

Walking down Main St.
Going through Cinderella's Castle to Fantasyland.
Watching all the little children's faces and listening to their excited voices as they look at all the things around them.
Going through the line at POTC. The anticipation.
The sound of the Main St. train.
The music all around the parks.

What a fun topic!

I know, I know, but....ride the monorail. :) Even though we stay on site, we will generally take a bus to a monorail resort or the transportation center, just to be able to ride the monorail to MK. There's something about doing it that "starts" our vacation for us. Probably the different views as you travel through the contemporary, pass the poly etc. :goodvibes I'm getting all excited just thinking about our August trip now!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Step off the airplane!!! I love that excited, butterfly feeling you get when you finally have arrived to Orlando. :cheer2:

But if I have to say something actually in Disney...it would be the first sight of the castle. Makes me want to cry everytime...my dh thinks I'm so corny...:laughing:

My absolute favorite thing to do is to just wander around Epcot after dark. I love how the World Showcase countries look all lit up and I like to walk s-l-o-w-l-y back toward the front of the park after Illuminations to just soak in the atmosphere.

My absolute favorite thing to do is to just wander around Epcot after dark. I love how the World Showcase countries look all lit up and I like to walk s-l-o-w-l-y back toward the front of the park after Illuminations to just soak in the atmosphere.
I love WS after dark too. :thumbsup2

But my favorite thing to do, if it can be considered a thing to do, is to go to the parks with a first time visitor. To see the amazement and joy people have on their first trip is so special. :goodvibes

I'm a people watcher in general, but at WDW I LOVE watching the little kids with the characters. I'll usually find a bench and spend 30 minutes or so just watching the magic.

It all starts when we get off the plane and unzip the bottoms of our pants so we are wearing shorts (we usually go in the winter) and smell the fresh warm air of the Orlando airport. BUT the first step into the Magic Kingdom (we always start there) and seeing the castle at the end of Main Street is when I get my energy! Then I can go all day! I love the kids rides (Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, ect). I can't wait....1 month and 1 week until we are THERE! I pray that the hurricanes stay away and we can handle the heat. It is hot and humid here in Wisconsin so we should be ok if we take it slow and take breaks...no crazy non stop Disney this trip!

i feel so incredibly happy when we first arrive at the orlando airport, and walk outside to have the florida heat and sun hit my face. once we board the ME bus, i know that the magic has just begun!!! i also love stepping into our disney hotel forcheck-in, i always say to myself, "wow, we're really here!!!!":wizard:

POTC & Tom Sawyer Island at MK. My trip would be incomplete without either. We spend hours on Tom Sawyer Island either to beat the heat, rest, or to watch the parade in peace & quiet.

AK in general...it's my favorite theme park, just the music paying in Harambe can take me away...

Walking into the MK in the evening just after the parade around 8pm (when the park is going to be open until midnight or later). We feel like we're the only ones going in while the throngs are heading out. It's just a great feeling that you're going ot have the park to yourself almost.

I also love 'jogging' down the fastpass line in the tunnel for Space Mountain. It's just so great knowing you don't have to wait in line through all that.

The first morning you wake up at WDW and look out the window...knowing that your whole vacation is before you is pretty cool. As is

Dreaming of going. :goodvibes (except those nightmare dreams I have where I'm stuck in WDW after it closes :confused3 )

I have 2:

1. Walking down Main St. listening to the park music, and seeing the Castle the 1st morning of the trip. It just gets to me...
2. The world showcase, being able to just walk around all day, soaking in all the different cultures, trying the food, seeing the goods, meeting the people. Having it all lit up at night. Its one of my true joys of WDW.

hearing the "howling dog" from the haunted mansion.. gives me happy little goosebumps every time!

Mine is definitely being on the boat on the Sassagoula River going from Port Orleans Riverside to Downtown Disney. It is the most relaxing thing!
I also love it when Magic Kingdom opens, and there's a rush to get through the gates! :cloud9:

:rotfl: I like LP's comment about dreams! I always have a nightmare that it is my last day of my Disney trip and I suddenly realize that I haven't done a single thing! Talk about panic!

My favorite thing about Disney - not really a thing to do - is to walk around and feel so special. I mean, someone made all of this magic just for me! (And you, and you, and you....) The flowers, the architecture, the food, the music, the smiles...(sigh!) It makes me wish everyplace could feel the same way. :hug:

being on the monorail, watching my kids in anticipation :grouphug:

walking down main street usa at park opening on a EMH day in a mad dash of hurried excitment :yay:

going across the bridge into adventureland - my favorite * land
I love the music, and themeing :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter