What's your favorite? All of it! From the mouth of a 4 year old Update: 10/4

Loving your report and writing style! Can't wait for more!!

Welcome and Thank You for the kind words :oops:.

Working on another update today. Photobucket was being a pain but it's mostly my fault for uploading too many photos at once so they were all mixed up. I've re uploaded just the first day into a separate folder to make it easier, and as soon as I figure out what Steve did with the photopass pictures I'll upload those as well. It's really bugging me that I'm missing so many pictures from the early days, the only thing I can think of is when I updated my phone they got lost somehow. It's just weird because not all the photos went missing just a few random ones
:confused3

It's a Magical Place

Good Morning DISers!

Well it will most likely be afternoon by the time this is up, depending on which time zone you're in. Anyways, today is the day, the day you've all been waiting for....our first park day. I only made one dining reservation for this day and it was for dinner, I didn't want to have to be someplace other than our FP+, I wanted to be free to roam around and soak it all in and take advantage of the stuff around us, well at least for the first day.

We had each packed granola bars and our own trail mix that we made from the bulk section of Winco, that way everyone had only what they wanted in their bowl. I'm not a big breakfast eater first thing in the morning, Soph and Steve can eat as soon as they get up but he assured me they would be fine with the granola bars and trail mix in the morning and we could supplement from the food court without having to buy 3 breakfasts.

I had arranged a wake up call @6:30a, everyone had showered the night before and I had packed the stroller. The plan was to take our time getting ready, I didn't want to feel rushed. Well we might have been a little excited to start the day, we were out of the room and heading to the bus stop @7:17a, a little early for the 9am opening.

A quick stop at the food court to grab a refillable mug, I neeeeeed coffee in the morning. Nothing fancy a quick cup with some cream and sugar and I'm all set, I always say my day doesn't start until the coffee hits the bloodstream :hyper:. While there I grabbed a bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich that we could all split for a grand total: $24.48.
Mug:$16.49
Sandwich:$6.49

We were on the bus and headed to Magic Kingdom (did you really think we'd start anywhere else) @7:34a

You can see the tins we used for our trailmix in Steve's lap, and the rest of the sandwich in Sophs hand, I of course had the coffee:rotfl:.

I was a bit worried we would be too early, but who was I kidding this was Disney! I was happy to see a bunch of people already waiting for the Welcome Show. We stationed ourselves right in front of the Mickey topiary @8:04a

Having time to kill we entertained ourselves :thumbsup2

Soph spent most of the time dancing around and entertaining those around us.

I may have joined in

Notes say the Welcome show started at 8:46a. I was happy to be wearing sunglasses as there was some strange water trying to come out of my eyes. I'm not a cryer so there was no way those were tears. :thumbsup2

Now one of the things Steve HAD to do was enter under the train station on the right side instead of the left. He claimed that in all the years we'd been to Disneyland and the one time at WDW we had never entered on the right side, always on the left, so we did.

We rounded the corner and saw this beauty @8:52a

We stopped and got some photopass pictures on the way but didn't linger as I had special plans for pictures later that week. We headed for Fantasyland and tried our hand at lifting the sword in the stone.

One day we'll pull that sword out and all be crowned royalty, but until then we decided to let Soph pick the first ride.

What else for waiting royalty than Prince Charming's Royal Carrousel

After our royal procession and knowing that we had BTMR FP+ coming up soon we headed the back way towards Frontierland, but first a stop for a boat ride. Now please don't throw tomatoes but IASM is not my favorite, I can stand the first few minutes of it but after that I want to put stuffing in my ears. MIL tried and failed on more than one occasion to drag me on the ride in Disneyland a few years ago, but I was always saved by the long line. I sucked it up though for Soph as she had never ridden it, would she love it and doom me to ride it over and over?

Not so much, although she sang the song over and over and over and over and over again :faint: throughout the rest of the week she never did want to get back on it. Two rides down and it was only 9:30 in the morning.

Next up: What do you mean our FP+ isn't valid? Stupid technology.

What a smart idea with the trail mix. We do that at home but never thought to be quite that organized with it while at Disney

Love your shirts by the way :thumbsup2

Those were quite the crowds there for rope drop!

There are quite a few people here that share the same view as you about IASW so I don't think you have too much to worry about. I do enjoy it as I think there is always something strange to notice in each scene and just the historical nature of the ride being at the Worlds Fair, etc.

Seems like a good start to the morning!

What a smart idea with the trail mix. We do that at home but never thought to be quite that organized with it while at Disney

Love your shirts by the way :thumbsup2

Those were quite the crowds there for rope drop!

There are quite a few people here that share the same view as you about IASW so I don't think you have too much to worry about. I do enjoy it as I think there is always something strange to notice in each scene and just the historical nature of the ride being at the Worlds Fair, etc.

Seems like a good start to the morning!

It honestly wasn't too crowded, we could still move at a fairly good pace without running into people and feeling squished.

The shirts were a gift from one of my good co-workers wife. She had just purchased an embroidery machine and wanted to test it out, she is also a big Disney fan and knew we were going so we only had to buy the shirt. All the embroidery shirts you'll see Soph in she made for us.

I just noticed in your signature that you're headed to Disneyland! You're going to have so much fun, it's a totally different experience from WDW so let me know if you have any questions.

What do you mean our FP+ isn't valid? Stupid technology.

So when I left off we had just exited IASM and were headed to BTMR it was just after 9:30a, there were a few distractions along the way.

No potty break yet, so just a picture of our walk by.

Then some people may have gotten in trouble and were put in the stocks.

Luckily it was still early so there was no one to throw rotten food at us.

After our brief run in with the law we made it BTMR at 9:45 right on time, we were primed and ready to use our Magic Bands. Steve was excited as this is one of his favorites, Soph a bit hesitant as this would be her first big coaster. Get up to the magic Mickey head and see.....red :eek:! The cast member informed us that our FP+ was for 10:45a, not 9:45a, 'uh what now?" was basically my response. I was sure, sure it was for 9:45, but their system was showing an hour later. Now here is where I start kicking myself. You see I have a lovely spreadsheet at home where I plugged in all our information from dining reservations, park of day and of course FP+. I had every intention of printing this off and bringing it with us, which would have been smart but I forgot. :headache:

We step out of the way and head back to the stroller to regroup. Ok, this is not a problem I'll just go on the WDW app and look it up there......why won't this thing connect......all it's doing is spinning, nothing is loading......why have this stupid app if it's not going to work anyways :badpc:. (Later once I got everything to work I realized we were early and the system was right.)

We changed our BTMR FP for Jungle Cruise and jumped into BTMR standby line, it wasn't long. Soph did not enjoy this ride and refused to ride it the rest of the trip, she said it wasn't scary but that she didn't like it. After BTMR we set out for a treat and to find something else to ride until Jungle Cruise FP came up. We wandered through Frontierland, I was looking for something cold to help cool us down. It might have been early yet but it was hot and muggy and I felt sticky and gross and I may have been whining a bit about the heat (remember I don't do hot). Steve didn't really want anything but Soph and I can never turn down something sweet, we spotted some ice cream at Westward Ho and quickly got in line .

Soph wanted an Olaf strawberry lemonade popsicle

I had my eyes on a Mickey bar though :mickeybar but when I went to open it realized they had given me an ice cream sandwich instead. Now there's nothing wrong with the ice cream sandwich but I wanted a Mickey bar. So I headed back and may have cut some people off in line (I stood to the side) and explained the mix up. I think the cast member might have been earning her ears, she wanted to charge me an extra $4 to replace the ice cream sandwich o_O. Luckily there was another cast member there who corrected her, so Steve got some ice cream anyways.

Olaf Bar: $4
Mickey Bar: $4
Total: $8

We happily munched away on our treats, then stopped at the restrooms in the walkway that separates Frontierland from Adventureland to clean up, man does that chocolate melt fast. Steve and I wound up finishing off Soph's Olaf bar, it was really tart, even for me and I like sour stuff.

With nothing on the agenda we headed towards Jungle Cruise but first we happened to spot Chip and Dale with no line, our first character meet of the trip. Instead of going the autograph book route we opted for something different, something we had done at Disneyland and worked out great. We bought a cheap frame with a matte from Walmart, then just brought the matte with us for the characters to sign, at the end of the trip we print a picture and then frame the whole thing.

This was later but so you have an idea of what it looks like

Well that and I don't have our PP pictures uploaded yet. So please imagine a wonderful first meet with Chip and Dale with lots of hugging and dancing and funny business going on. Soph was shy at first but they were so good and got her to smile and dance with them.

Then Soph saw the Flying Carpets, so we rode those

She loved to have it go up and then quickly back down, laughing her head off the whole way. I did not realize that the camels spit water, so it was a nice surprise that had us all laughing.

After our Magic Carpet ride it was time for our Jungle Cruise FP. We wound up waiting at the dock for a bit as they had to unload and then load a wheelchair. I didn't mind waiting, it was cool to see how it worked but I heard a few people grumble around us. Our captain was entertaining, but we wound up getting stuck trying to get back to the dock as we had to wait for the special boat to unload and load again. She went through her whole repertoire of jokes and then asked if we had any to share. Our fellow passengers were kind of lame though and didn't have many, they barely laughed at her corny jokes on the ride while our little family was cracking up.

We hopped off of our 3 month adventure, then it was time for another snack! What? There's no judging in Disney, I mean sure we had just had ice cream not too long ago but we had already walked off all those calories and needed some more to work on. Steve and I split up, he was on a mission with Soph to eat as many churros as possible. They had managed to eat 8 in the three days at Disneyland so he wanted to beat that. While they left for churros I had my eye on one very special drink.

Churro:$4
Dole Whip Float: $5.32 with tax
I wonder why the DW had tax but the churro didn't :confused3 it was about 11:30a at this point.

After polishing those off we headed towards Splash Mountain, we had a FP+ starting @11:45a. This was one ride Steve wasn't sure we should take Soph on, we argued about it back and forth during the planning. I thought she would be fine and love it, he thought the darkness paired with the big drop would be too much. I finally convinced him she would be fine, and we brought some cheap glow sticks that you can make into bracelets to let her wear and she really isn't a fan of the dark. She balked for a second right as our log pulled up, and I swore I would never be one of those parents that forced their kid onto a ride but I knew, I knew she would love it so I made her get on. There were no tears and she absolutely loved this ride, I would say it was one of her favorites and we wound up riding it over and over again later in the trip. Score one for Mom ;)

After we got soaked (which Soph thought was hilarious) we decided it was time to put some real food in our bellies. There was a FP coming up in Fantasyland so we headed that way and decided that Pinocchios Village Haus sounded good. Steve and I split the pepperoni pizza.

Soph chose mac n cheese. I gave him more of the pizza since he doesn't like mac n cheese (I know, he's weird) and I knew I'd be finishing whatever Soph didn't eat.

I like the fact that you can get different sides than french fries with the kids meal, Soph chose grapes and yogurt which she ate everything of.

Happy girl with food in her belly

Happy Hubster with food in his belly

He was so happy I even got him to try the mac n cheese :earseek: Disney magic was on my side.

He deemed it tolerable

We got lucky and snagged a seat overlooking IASW

Pepperoni Pizza:$8.79
KM Mac n cheese: $5.99
Total w/tax: $15.75

Next Up: Heigh Hooooooo, Heigh Hooooo

Great, productive morning. And I really like all the price inclusions. Gives a much more realistic cost picture of the trip. Thanks.

Great, productive morning. And I really like all the price inclusions. Gives a much more realistic cost picture of the trip. Thanks.

That was one of the biggest things I tried to search for when doing all the research, but I could never really find quite what I was looking for so I thought I might as well but it in here. I realize prices change and no one is going to eat exactly like we did but it still would have been nice to have prices to flesh out our budget a bit more.

Following along. We are going in February with our kids who will be just-turned-4 and almost-7. Looking forward to seeing a kids/parents perspective.

We interrupt this regularly scheduled TR to inform you that....I'm still here! Promise, it's just been kind of crazy with Soph starting Pre-K and Steve starting his (hopefully) last year of school.:teacher: Soph is technically starting a kindergarten program through her daycare, but since she still has to take kindergarten next year (birthdate is past the deadline) I'm calling it Pre-K. Soph starting this program took me completely off guard, her school had mentioned a few months back that they were thinking of moving her into this program but that was the last I heard of it until last week. The program is great and I'm thrilled she's in it but that means she's going to school 5 days a week instead of 2-3 she normally goes. Which leaves me standing in the middle of our living room in a way too quiet house on my days off :bored:and no excuse for not cleaning it :laundy: :crazy2:.

I have a couple of meetings today so I don't think there will be an update today but I will try tomorrow.
To hold you over, how about some first day of school pictures.

IMG_4523.JPG IMG_4516.JPG IMG_4515.JPG IMG_4517.JPG

Following along. We are going in February with our kids who will be just-turned-4 and almost-7. Looking forward to seeing a kids/parents perspective.

Welcome!

ugh, sorry about the issue with the FP+ for BTMRR ... if it makes you feel better even if you had a printout of the FP+ they wouldn't have overridden what their system says (this came up during the peak of the the Anna and Elsa meet frenzy when they were concerned about people photoshopping printouts to say they had FP+ when they really didn't)

When the app doesn't work it is super frustrating. I think that is some of the biggest gripes that come up with FP+ and MyDisneyExperience, etc - that Disney is pushing more into technology and web based at that .... and then doesn't have the greatest technology in the world when it comes to that. If everything worked 99.99999% of the time, I think people would feel better about it

I love the Jungle Cruise but we are definitely a family that gets into the puns. Does get awkward when the rest of the boat isn't into it.

Nooooooooooooooo! My post is gone, the computer monster ate it and the save draft didn't work. Please imagine me saying a lot of dirty foul words right about now, that post was almost done :(

:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

Ok, breath Melissa, breath, it will be ok :furious:

::A few deep breaths later::

Ok, lets get back to this and try it again.

Housekeeping:
I found a video of our second ride of the day IASM, you can see just how ecstatic I am to be on this ride.

After lunch we still had some time to kill before our 1:45 FP+. We were right by Mickey's Philharmagic and there was only a 5 minute wait. Steve swore He and I had seen this on our last trip, but I didn't remember it at all so it was like a brand new attraction for me. We all really enjoyed it, and it helped to cool us off even more the heat at this point was bad, the 3 of us were dragging.

Finally, finally it was time for a ride all of us were looking forward to

This is a great ride for beginner adventurers and seasoned adventurers too. We absolutely loved this ride, but thought it could be longer, it just goes so fast that's it's over before you know it.

Saying goodbye to the cute little cottage in the woods

After 7DMT we were done, it was super hot and the early morning was catching up to us. Feeling accomplished we headed to the bus stop, luck was on our side as their was a bus just pulling up as we got there. Bonus points, it was mostly empty so we each got our own seat. A quick 40 minutes later and were back in our hotel rooms. Soph and I conked out as soon as our heads hit the pillow, Steve did the rest of the unpacking/organizing and then played on his 3DS.

Let me tell you that nap was needed, we woke up so refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the day.

Back to the bus stop we go, we didn't wait too long, maybe 10 minutes before a MK bus pulled up and we were on our way back to the Magic.

Soph has a photobombing problem :laughing:

With no plans until our dinner reservation we headed back towards Fantasyland to knock of some more rides. Soph took the lead at this point, picking which rides we would do next.

First up, Teacups

After some dizzy fun we went to check out the circus

And meet some very special characters, 2 of Soph's favorite characters. We didn't have a fastpass but the time said it was only a 15 minute wait for each. We hit up Goofy and Donald first, they we good, nothing over the top but not bad either. On our way out of that meet we met a fun cast member who had an apron full of buttons, I'm talking chest to calf. We stopped to talk to her for a bit before heading back around for meet number 2.

This is where one of my favorite moments of the trip happens :D You see Minnie and Daisy are Soph's favorite! It's so easy to find Minnie stuff or find character meets for her everywhere, Daisy is a bit more elusive, heck there was only 1 place to meet her in Disneyland. Steve wound up having to hold on to her while waiting as she just kept inching forward before it was our turn.

Daisy was up first, but after the family in front of us met with her she had to go take a quick break and powder her nose. The excitement was ramped up at this point, Soph could barely sit still. As soon as Daisy comes out of her dressing room she kneels down and Soph launches herself into Daisy's arms and wraps her long legs around her, burying her face into Daisy's feathers. I know you're not supposed to manhandle the characters, and it happened so fast there was no stopping her. I was a bit worried about Daisy's reaction but she totally went for it, just hugging and squeezing and giving her kisses on the head. For the second time that day there was strange water coming out of my eyes.

Minnie was totally overshadowed by the Daisy meet, but Soph was still excited to see her. They hugged and twirled and danced and then we were on our way out. Where we ran into the same cast member, the one with all the buttons. She remembered us and we got to chatting again, then she announced that there was a special button on her apron just for Soph, and asked if she could find it. All the way on the bottom at her eye level was an 'I'm Celebrating' button with the word 'Honorary Cast Member' written underneath. It was so nice and special and I'm kicking myself for not writing down her name, I know that she normally worked in Epcot at Test Track but they had moved her over to MK in preparation for the 24 day.

I'm going to have to end it here I was hoping to get to the rest of the night ::mumble, mumble, stupid computer:: Hopefully I can come back in a few and finish off the night.

Last edited:
Warning this post has absolutely nothing to do with Disney.

Did you ever have one of those days where nothing seems to just right? I'm not talking total derailment of the day, just little things not going as smoothly as the normally do? You know, like have to take an extra 2 or 3 steps to get someone instead of the regular 1.
Well that is my day today.
It's not a bad day per se, just a more difficult day than usual. Minor tasks are taking twice the time they usual do, things are quite where you left them so you end up searching for them.

It all started before coffee, when I forgot to set my alarm. Don't worry, I woke up with enough time to get to work....just enough. Then before I can even put my stuff down I need to go hunt around for some change for a guest, because apparently nobody has change for $10, myself included. Come back to the office to discover that the water cooler has leaked....again....who knows how long that's been going on. So a quick run downstairs to find some old towels, clean it up no problem. Finally log onto the computer to discover that the person who worked last night didn't quite finish everything, not bad just a bit more work for me....again before coffee....and you know how I feel about coffee. Running out of the house as I did this morning I forgot to pack my breakfast, no problem I'll just run down to the new Whole Foods that opened up and a grab a muffin. I start walking and my hip starts to give out, but dangit I'm getting my muffin, half the sidewalk is closed, so either I walk the extra block to use the crosswalk or cross the busy street....I'm lazy, I waited and jay walked. Get back and get a call from text from Steve....he locked his keys in the truck. He's all the way up at school, a good 40 minute drive and I have no idea where the spare is, I cannot leave early due a meeting later.....no worries, we remember we put AAA onto our car insurance. I am informed that 21 people will be coming to tour the property in 20 minutes, and no they don't know whether they'll be coming by bus or in their own vehicles so I have no idea if I need to figure out how to cram 21 people at one time onto my drive.

Fast forward a few hours. I normally take my lunch break at 11a, a co-worker goes before me at 10:30, I have to wait for them to come back before I can go. Normally this wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that my regular co-worker is off and I have a sub, this sub is notorious for taking long lunch breaks....sure enough he goes over his 30 minutes. I'm preparing to go eat when we have a claim of damage, ok, pull up pictures, get all relevant information and call our security to let them know they need to pull up some camera footage. Security gets all snippy, they're busy, they have a line out the door, it's not that easy to pull footage, it could take a few hours....whoa whoa whoa, keep your panties on, I'm just trying to help....the hunger headache starts. Right before this Steve calls, I tell him I'll have to call him back, I forget this fact and finally head down to lunch at 12:15p, forgetting my phone upstairs in the process. Come back from lunch, food headache will not go away, pop a few Excedrin and wait for it to go away. Lovely boss decided to help out while I was away, come back to a trashed desk, things not inputted into the system and one tag missing, must now track down gentleman who parked car, accuse him of not turning in keys, come to find out boss lost ticket. Security come backs and tells me I need to go through trash to find ticket information from guest with claim....I have a meeting in 15 minutes, hopefully everything else will go smoothly.

No real complaints, and like I said not a bad day, just more difficult than normal which makes me dread the drive home tonight.

I love the idea of the photo mat. In all my years of going to Disney I've never heard of anyone doing that before. So simple yet so brilliant. I love it!!

I love the idea of the photo mat. In all my years of going to Disney I've never heard of anyone doing that before. So simple yet so brilliant. I love it!!

I have to admit that I didn't come up with the idea on my own, I saw someone else do this on the boards and thought it was fantastic. It's a pain in the butt to carry around, and you're constantly worried about it getting wet. Both of ours got bent a bit at some point but they still look great.

Housekeeping:

So you can tell I'm a total newbie at this whole TR thing as I made the big error of cleaning up my PB account and started deleting the photos I had already used....not such a great idea apparently. I did finally notice that the first few chapters were missing pictures, and had gone back to update a few times but was so frustrated with myself that I wound up just leaving it until now. There are still pictures missing as I need to re upload them from Steve's phone, so maybe within the next few days. If you're new to the report please hang in there, the photos will be back up shortly. Steve has also been placed on the task of finding our lost photopass pictures, we believe they're on our terabyte drive, so he'll be checking that for me today.

Also I must apologize for the abrupt end of the last chapter, what with the first half of it being eaten by the computer I ran out of time to finish the day like I had planned. Aaaaand for the mini rant the other day, it wasn't a bad day, just a difficult one. The meeting went well, and afterwards I realized that my relief was coming in an hour earlier than I thought so that was a bonus, the best part though, no traffic on the way home :cool1:

On with the report!

When I left off we had just finished meeting Minnie and Daisy and Soph had acquired an Honorary Cast Member badge.

We decided to shop around Big Top Souvenirs and see what they were making at Big Top Treats. Luck was with us, they had just started making marshmallows treats, and were dipping them in white chocolate. I picked Soph up so she could see, the CM saw her new button and made a big fuss, calling over her other co-workers to see their new hire ;) Since it was her first day on the job Soph was rewarded with a marshmallow treat of her own.

P.S. That Minnie she's holding, yeah she carried it around the whole store. She really wanted it but she had already gotten a balloon earlier in the day and a princess hat. I told her that we would be back and if she still really wanted it later in the trip we would reevaluate. Later in the trip when we asked if she still wanted it, she said no, so I'm glad we didn't pick it up that first day.

Soph was a bit embarrassed about all the attention but enjoyed a few bites of the marshmallow before declaring it a bit too sweet. We made our way outside to grab the stroller and head towards our dining reservation. It had been really windy, and the clouds had been racing across the sky when we went in earlier and it looked like it had rained a bit while we were inside. About halfway down main street we realized that Soph's balloon was gone :( Steve thought the wind might have grabbed it, but I had secured it really well. My thoughts was that someone had helped themselves to the balloon while we were inside. I had read on here that they will replace the balloons, and I wasn't shelling out another $10 for one so I approached a CM and told him what had happened. He gave me the strangest look, it was a mix between 'what do you want me to do about it?' and 'yeah right, you look like you're trying to scam me'. It was the weirdest encounter, he had been chatting with another CM and they both looked at us like we were making it up. After an awkward pause he informed us that he couldn't replace the balloon until we got a slip from City Hall. So off we went, the CM there was very nice and gave us the slip we needed but warned us it was only good for that night. This worried me a bit as we were cutting it close to our dining reservation at this point and I wasn't sure if they would still be out after dinner, but we didn't want to get a new one and then have the same problem while we were inside. We decided to wait and and head to eat, we were all hungry at this point.

Tonight's dinner was selected by Steve

I'd read mixed reviews online, but he knows Lady and the Tramp is one of my favorites and really liked the look of the menu. We checked in @7:10p for our 7:15p reservation.
The place was packed :crowded: all of the seats were taken and most of the floor, you could barely move. We were given a buzzer and told there was a small wait. While waiting Steve ran out to get our photo frame so that Lady and Tramp could sign it in the back, Soph found the tic-tac-toe and starting playing with a few of the other kids.

Then this little guy came out to greet people

At 7:45p buzzer went off and we were escorted to our table in the back right corner of the restaurant, you could see a bit of the fountain but not much from our location.
I of course got to sit under Lady

Then our server Danielle came over to take our drink order and asked if we wanted to order Soph's meal now so she could eat sooner. Bless her heart, she saw Soph wilting fast and could recognize LBSCBD coming on.

Now either they sat everyone in her section at once, or someone had called off and she was covering more sections than normal as she was busy, flitting from table to table.
A good 15 minutes later and we finally get bread, along with Soph's spaghetti so that was nice.

Soph doesn't do salad, well not yet anyways so Steve helped himself.

Now when ordering we employed our save money strategy, Steve ordered an adult entree while I ordered and appetizer.

My Choice
Heirloom Tomato and Mozzarella Salad

Steve is a spaghetti man, I tried to steer him towards the much recommended chicken parmigiana with white sauce. I put up a fierce battle, there were tears, and tantrums, maybe even some fork throwing.....ok not really, I recommended the chicken but he really wanted spaghetti so that's what he got.

Our thoughts: Soph enjoyed the noodles but not much of the meatballs, I tended to agree with her. There was some overpowering spice in the meatballs that threw the whole thing off for me, Steve very much enjoyed it though so he was happy. The mozzarella salad was sooooo good, I think the basil was baked or fried or something as it was crunchy, it added a nice texture to the whole dish. If it had been publicly acceptable to lick my plate I would have. Steve would love to go back, Soph and I are not a fan so he'll have to work hard if he wants it back on the rotation.

Kids spaghetti: $8.59
Caprese salad: $7.99
Spaghetti: $18.99
Iced tea: $2.99

Total: $41.07 before tip
$48.78 after 20% tip

After rolling ourselves out of dinner we decided it was time to meet the new talking Mickey, ya know since he was right next store.

(Good news! Steve found the pictures so I'll upload them tonight)

The room before Mickey

Scrooge had his money locked up tight, there was no getting in.

So.....yeah, I'm firmly in the party that thinks talking Mickey is creepy:crazy2::scared::duck:

Our interaction with him was very flat, when we tried to have a conversation our comments were ignored, it was a quick take a pic, hug and get out. :confused3

Coming out of the meet we encountered a wall of people, MSEP had started. I sent Steve and Soph to grab the stroller while I went to collect our new balloon. After fighting my way through the crowd I found the same CM I had spoken to earlier and handed him our paper, after a quick look he asked which balloon we wanted, I then fought my way back towards Tony's. By the time I got back the parade had mostly ended and the crowd was dispersing, we stayed where we were and let the crowds move around us trying to decide what to do. Full and tired we decided it was time to call it a night, we'd had a fantastic day, and wanted to beat some of the closing crowd to the bus stop. Soph was already reclined and fast asleep in the stroller, Steve did manage to capture one last shot before we made our way out.

That's it, I finally finished day 1 of the parks. I honestly had no idea how much work these TR are :earseek: or how many chapters it would take just to finish one day.

Thanks for following along with our adventure so far.
Next up: Day Two

Last edited:
Ok, I'm horrible, I know.

Please say you'll forgive me.

Saying I'd be back in a couple of days and now it's Friday. If you're looking for a valid excuse I don't have one, the last few days have been a blur of housework, school and actual work. Work went through a major transformation over the summer and we're opening everything back up so it's been a rush to get things finalized, not to mention re-certification is coming up, during on of our busiest months.

How about some Photopass pictures to hold you over until the next update?

Castle Pictures

Chip and Dale Meet

Waiting to meet them

Hugs

Dancing fun

Chip stole me and wouldn't let go

Splash Mountain from the first day

Mine Train- Steve is in front of Soph and I

Magic Moment shot

Soph and I changed shirts after our nap break back at the hotel, this was a common occurrence during the week.

This was right before dinner

Goofy Meet

Showing him my Goofy TsumTsum pin

Last edited:
Photopass picture dump take 2

Donald

And now the ones you've been waiting for.....Daisy and Minnie Mouse

You can see the excitement

She's straddling Daisy right now

Minnie's turn for some Sophie love

Still makes me smile to think of those meets

If you read my last post you know how our meeting with Mickey went, well from my perspective anyways. Looking back at these pictures and seeing that huge smile on Soph's face and ours makes me think maybe it wasn't so bad.

That's it for day one of MK

Anyone still there?

Sorry for the long delay, I've been avoiding the page for the last few weeks. It's been a combination of sliding back into the Disney Depression, planning our long weekend trip for DISApalooza and birthdays, both mine and Sophs.

Good news is though I've been trying to pre-write segments and saving them on the computer. So once the dark cloud disperses and things calm down around the house I promise I'll post some more updates.

Until then TTFN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter