What's your experience when MK open until 1am and has extended evening hours?

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
I'm freaking out a bit because over Thanksgiving MK is open until 1am. I'm assuming Disney thinks it will be crowded. I HATE CROWDS!!! Additionally the park is open for extended evening hours. Can someone tell me what the crowd pattern is like for those type of days? Do crowds dwindle, for example, after the fireworks?

The only problems I had was that I did'nt want to leave. The crowds werent bad at all,plus it was'nt as hot. There's something special about the MK late at night.

Thanksgiving is one of the highest attended weeks/days of the year. So yes, it will be crowded. If you really hate crowds this is definitely not the best time of year for you to visit Disney...

What I'm asking is what times during the day when the hours are as described above, what is the crowd pattern. In other words, is it crowded in the AM and thins out after 3 or 4, or do the crowds steadily increase, etc.

I went on New Year's Day this year and MK had the type of hours you are looking at. The early morning was very nice up until around lunchtime (could be everyone was up the night before?) and it definitley cleared out after Wishes. Once we got out of the way of the mass exodus of people after Wishes, it was a beautiful night.

As a general rule, parks with EMH hours have heavier crowds than normal. For evening EMH, the crowds will increase throughout the day. Now, early in the morning after an evening EMH for a park is usually a very good time to go as everyone is sleeping in after staying up into the wee hours.

Personally I LOVE the late late EMH hours at any park.

Most people are gone by 11pm no matter what.. so you can get a LOT done between 11pm and whenever the park closes.. 1a,2a or even 3a in some cases!

Knox

We stayed till 3am one night and loved it. We rode splash mountain twice without having to get off.:thumbsup2

When we were there in Dec. the line to ride the bus after the park closed was the biggest line I've ever been in at WDW. It was an AWFUL place to be while holding a sleeping child!
Julie

the parks really stay open til 3am sometimes ? how do you get up and going the next morning? wouldn't you feel like you missed a whole day if you sleep in late?

the parks really stay open til 3am sometimes ? how do you get up and going the next morning? wouldn't you feel like you missed a whole day if you sleep in late?

No I feel like I GAINED a half day by running around the park from 11pm to 3am .. with very short lines for most of the attractions.

:thumbsup2

Knox

My concern is that we are only spending two days at the parks. We planned on going to MK on one day and EPCOT the next (no hoppers). So I'm worried about staying at MK very late and having to get up for EPCOT the next day.

I only need about 5 to 6 hours asleep while at Disney. Our kids are older 16 and 14 and they keep up pretty well.:goodvibes

which days, specifically, are you thinking of going to each park? i have been at the World the last 2 years at thanksgiving, and am going again this year. it IS crowded, but do-able. Epcot will be better than MK, but you will either have to get there early to do Soarin' & Test Track (the fast passes even normally run out by noon at the latest). it isn't completly horrible though, especially if you know where you are going. :goodvibes

I was thinking of going to MK the Sunday before Thanksgiving and the following day (Monday) to EPCOT. The funny thing is that we've been to WDW twice before over Thanksgiving. NEVER, EVER has the park been open so late. I can only assume they are expecting large crowds.

I have never actually been there the weekend before, we always get there on thanksgiving or the day before. But from everything that I have read, it isn't actually all THAT busy until the day before thanksgiving, so you should be fine on those days. I'm jealous, i wish i was going on those days...you have less than 100 days!! woo hoo :cool1:

I still have 101 :eek:

We'll be there that same week!! I just noticed the hours yesterday, and was wondering if we could stay up that late! I really doubt it since we're traveling with the in-laws and our kiddos, but we'll have a great time trying!

Personally I LOVE the late late EMH hours at any park.

Most people are gone by 11pm no matter what.. so you can get a LOT done between 11pm and whenever the park closes.. 1a,2a or even 3a in some cases!

Knox

I am going next week. I just called my mom to let her know that TWO of the nights we will be there MK closes at 11 but then has evening EMH to make the actual closing 2AM!!!! She was like Uhh...I won't make it that late and neither will your 8yo dd!

I said fine..you 2 can go back to the hotel but I am getting my money's worth!! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter