• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your Dad's name?

Oliver but he also got called Ollie and smitty for our last name and last but not least family called him Tootsie:lmao: not sure how he got that name. Mary

All his life my dad thought his name was Sylvan Leonard (last name) because that's what his mom put on his church record. When he was in his 50s he sent for a copy of his birth certificate and found out his dad had registered him with the county just as Leonard. Funny thing, because all his life only his mom called him Sylvan and everybody else called him Len.

Miss you, Daddy.

My dad's name is Blaine. :goodvibes

My dad's name is Alvern. But get this when he was born my grandmother named him Elvern. One of his aunts enrolled him in school and told them it was Alvern instead.

So, in the 1980's (Carter administration) the FBI was doing a background check on him before he was to go to the White House for a meeting. Well, they wanted to know why he was going by Alvern and not Elvern. He of course said his name was Alvern, and they informed him it wasn't.

He called his mom and she said yes, your name is Elvern. He asked why she didn't say anything and she responded it didn't matter.

Now if you are wondering why he didn't just look at his birth certificate, well he didn't have one, due to the courthouse where birth records were kept burned down. He didn't get a replacement until after he legally changed his name to Alvern.

Who else has a dad with a "different" type name?

My grandfather was Jacob Blaine Finley... apparently Finley was after the doctor who delivered him. When he enlisted in the military for WWII, they only took one middle name so he dropped Finley. But everyone in the family always called him Finn. I always knew him as Jacob Blaine and was COMPLETELY confused when all the pictures of him as a younger child were labeled Finn and all of my dad's cousins always called him Uncle Finn.

Marvin.
His brother is named Paul but goes by Beechum.
Born and raised in Durham, NC they were. ;)

Randall (Went by Randy), he died when I was ten and mom remarried when I was eleven. Stepdad's name is Grover but he goes by Buddy. Both wonderful men and I have been blessed to call them both dad.

I think mine had the old style name
Clarence but everyone called him Bud, even my mom. He passed away in 84.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter