What's up first week of Dec?

It could have been the candlelight processional. I noticed today that there were several available times for GG. AFter I spent something like 6 hours trying to get an ADR for the candlelight processional when it first opened for reservations. I didn't check Sci-Fi, but openings pop up every so often.
Thanks!

I went last year Dec 2-6 (wed-sun). I found that the closer it got, not only did more ADR's open, but better times for ADR's I already had were available. We wound up with everything we wanted.

Maybe people make a lot of ADR's and then start releasing them as they finalize their plans?

I think things will change as we get closer too. I've already gotten BOG, Sci-Fi, and Cali Grill after initially getting shut out..although not necessarily on the nights I would prefer.

I was thinking it was just me, because we only booked our trip a week ago. We'll be there from Dec 2-10. I wondered if I was having such a hard time because there are only 2 of us. I've been shutout of Sci-Fi (one of our must-do's!), Ohana, and BOG so I keep checking for those. Hoping as time goes by there will be more availability as people change their plans. I did randomly get a decent Chef Mickey's time tonight, so happy about that!

When DH and I have gone by ourselves, a lot of times i have to book adrs for 3 or 4 (instead of 2). Basically there's not a lot of 2-tops in most restaurants and the system is searching specifically for a table for 2. Not sure if you've tried searching that way, but I read that tip on these boards last year and it works well! :)

That's a great tip, thanks!! Is there any kind of penalty though if we book for 3 or 4, and only 2 of us show up?

I hate to complain, but we went the same week in 2014 and I tried to book Be Our Guest at 180 days until the day of our trip for my dd birthday, we never got it for that day, we got an odd time on a different day for four people( instead of 5, which we have)... When we arrived we were one of the only people in the room with the music box. I was so mad! I had tried for months, and it was apparent that the restaurant was wide open and clearly just under staffed.

It's sad that people can't get reservations when the place was empty. I don't understand it.

I keep reading that the first 2 weeks of December aren't overly crowded, but I haven't been able to get hardly any of the dining reservations my mom and I want for our trip. Is there something missing that's going to make that week crowded? I started trying to get them at 180 days. The next week, a lot more seems to be available but isn't as feasible for us to go. Am I going to have the same problem with fast passes?
You're reading outdated web posts. Early December didn't use to be crowded, but it will be this year. On the other hand, July had light crowds this year. It's the Internet effect, people reading dated online advice telling them the "best" and "worst" times to go to Disney, many follow that advice, so the "best" times are no longer best, and the "worst" are no longer the worst.

We are there Nov 30 - Dec 4 and had issues getting ADRs I wanted. I'm using the touring plans reservation finder and checking MDE regularly, but still haven't been able to get a couple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts