what's this about "dole whips??"

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ThunderMTexpert, May 7, 2006.

1. ThunderMTexpert

ThunderMTexpert DIS Veteran

..so i'm hearing a lot about dole whips? :confused3 are they the new zebra domes?? what is it, where can i find one when i get to disney? apparently, they're a big deal, friends?? fill me in!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dalt01

dalt01 DIS Veteran

your just full of questions tonight, they are across from the swiss family tree house, i will let someone else describe them to you

4. La2kw

La2kw DIS Veteran

Actually, Dole Whips have been around a lot longer than zebra domes have. They're also much better than zebra domes, IMO. They are simply nondairy pineapple flavored soft serve. My favorite place to get them is at the "Tiki Juice Bar" next to Walt Disney's orginal "Enchanted Tiki Room" at Disneyland, but you can also get them at Aloha Isle in the MK at WDW. It's in Adventureland near the Swiss Family Treehouse.

5. disneyfreakjackie

disneyfreakjackie <font color="blue">The only thing better than a Di

6. ThunderMTexpert

OOOOoooohhh- they look GOOD!

7. AussieAngel

AussieAngel DIS Veteran

Sorry... I know this isn't the point of the photo, but what is that bottle of coloured things behind the Dole Whip? Did you buy the bottle? They look yum!!

I've got a Dole Whip on my "Snacks to try" list! Can't wait! :Pinkbounc

8. Jerseygirl63

Jerseygirl63 Mouseketeer

What is a zebra dome? :confused3 Thanks

9. dkostel

dkostel DIS Veteran

I actually prefer the citrus swirls next to the Tiki Room in WDW. They are orange juice and vanilla swirled soft serves. YUM!

10. disneyfreak1

disneyfreak1 <font color="blue">Willing to tag for tickets</fon

So, they're non-dairy? I've always thought they were made with Ice Cream, so we've never gotten one for my son who is allergic to dairy products.

11. WillCAD

WillCAD Where there's a Will there's a way

What disneyfreakjackie pictured here is one of several variations available from Aloha Isle. This one is a Pineapple Float, which consists of pineapple or vanilla or both soft serve, floating in straight pineapple juice. It's great, but make sure you're a real pineapple lover!

The other variations are simply pineapple soft serve or vanilla soft serve, or pinapple/vanilla twist.

Dole Whips do make a refreshing treat on a hot day, or a great desert after a counter-service meal.

12. La2kw

La2kw DIS Veteran

Well, they are lactose free. There are some milk derivatives in it, which may still be a problem for your son. Here's the ingredient list from Precisionfoods.com:

Dole Pineapple Soft Serve Frozen Dessert

INGREDIENTS: Sugar, Dextrose, Pineapple Crystals, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Locust Bean, Guar, Xanthan, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Sodium Silico Aluminate, Vegetable Fiber, Citric Acid, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Mono & Diglycerides, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Dipotassium Phosphate, Articial Color Including F.D. & C. Yellow #6.

(They taste much better than this ingredient list makes them sound.) ;)

13. Magic2000

Magic2000 DIS Veteran

I LOVE Dole Whips! On our last family trip, my DH and two older DDs would not wait for me while I stood in line to get a Dole Whip. They were too anxious to see the fireworks. I didn't get to get my Dole Whip and I was very sad. They hurt my feelers. (Maybe that's why they didn't get to go last summer...)

But this trip, come heck or high water, I AM getting my Dole Whip! Na Nanny Boo Boo to them!! :lmao: Next time anybody does not wait for Damouse, they will get voted off the island, and you know what that means!!!

14. ThunderMTexpert

magic2000-i don't remember this.. if it was food, are u sure i woulnt wait for u?? :confused3 bc fireworks arent that big of a deal 4 me.- LOL- i wait with mum this time 4 sure!! :banana: :wizard: :Pinkbounc :love:

15. WebmasterCricket

WebmasterCricket <font color=blue>Administrator<br><font color=red>

Mmmmm! Dipotassium Phosphate! :)

16. barbmouse

barbmouse <font color=navy>Thanks for your support!! I have

about Dole Whips............Read my tag!!

Now What is a Zebra Dome and where does one get it????

17. dnbent

dnbent Mouseketeer

Zebra domes are a wonderful mousse like dessert available at Boma. If I remember correctly it is a chocolate, peanut butter fluffy delicious little items.

Boma has a great dessert assortment.

18. Silverraindrop84

Silverraindrop84 Mouseketeer

Yes I agree a dole whip is a must have treat! that is when the place is open... But i never heard of a zebra dome before??

19. jezebella

jezebella MK fireworks in my backyard every night!

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Dole whips are addictive and can cause normal people to go out of their way every weekend to satisfy the urge! Use with extreme caution.

DF found these out 2 weeks ago and he's since had 5, count them, 5 Pineapple Floats. Now....he's talking about going to MK tomorrow after work just to walk around...BAH! I KNOW HIS TRICKS! It's a Pineapple Float he wants!

20. exwdwcm

exwdwcm wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

love dole whips- i get the float, with pineapple/vanilla swirl ice cream! have been having them for years and also had one at the Dole Plantation on Oahu, Hawaii!

21. Cannot_Wait_4Disney

Cannot_Wait_4Disney Ok all you A cattle, get in ...

They're pretty good but to read it on these boards, you'd think nobody ever invented soft serve and pineapple syrup before.